Chapter Eighty Seven-Comfort

Jordan's pov
Something about when Kat came in got me concerned. But i couldn't put my finger on it. "What's wrong?" I asked, leaning on the counter. "What? Nothings wrong why would something be wrong?" She stood there awkwardly, leaning from side to side. I looked at Colby, who looked back at me with a concerned look. I shook my head, bypassing her change in energy. "Just asking." She nodded, but still uneasy. I looked over at Colby, him already looking at me with the same concerned face. "So, is Sam back in his apartment?" Colby asked. "No! I don't know where he is! He said he would be back before you guys got back but he isn't." She yelled, her eyes watering by the second. Yeah this was definitely what was wrong with her. "Oh!" I yelped when she ran into my arms, or arm for that matter. I stood on my tippy toes, hugging her back and looking and Colby from behind her shoulder. I gave him a 'What the fuck should i do' look but he was no help. He shrugged, motioning for me to comfort her. Well lucky for her comforting was the one things i absolutely sucked at. It was almost awkward for me, until i put myself in her shoes. I realized that she's probably so scared for Sam right now, even if he's completely fine and just running late. I felt myself loosen up, and started to feel bad for her. As a person who's been taught to basically not have any emotions throughout my life, i still felt her pain. Yeah i cried here and there but i always let things go a second after. I guess actual emotions take time to digest. "It'll be okay, he's okay." I whispered to her, my face softening as i rubbed her back. I lay my head on her shoulder, waiting patiently for her crying to calm down. When she pulled away, her makeup was smeared a little, but damn she still rocked it. "I'm going to use the bathroom." She whispered before walking off with her purse. I threw myself on the counter, running my hand through my hair. I heard Colby walk near me, leaning against the fridge door. "You did good." He reassured me, with his arms crossed. "Did i? It doesn't feel like that." I answered honestly. Sometimes i wished i was never like this, that i was someone completely and utterly different from the person i was. "You did, she's definitely not in good shape, but better than before." He said, smiling sadly. Then why the fuck didn't it feel like anything to me? Am i that emotionally gone? He took a step closer to me, opening his arms to me. Yes i hated him right now, but i'm not big on grudges. And maybe a hug wasn't so bad, maybe i'll find myself more by opening up to people. I hopped off the counter, wrapping myself in my usual one arm hug around his waist while his rested on my hips. It took a second for us to adjust before he grabbed my casted arm, bringing it up with my other one wrapped around him. I didn't want to be here for so long, but the comfort was so much needed right now i couldn't get myself to let go. The smell of him wrapped around my body, taking over my senses. It took me a second or two for myself to turn my emotions back off without my permission, sometimes it just happens. And it makes me feel less human than i already am. I force tears that were just about to fall back up, pulling out of the hug quickly. I noticed earlier he had pistachios in his cabinet, maybe eating something would distract me from my overwhelming thought to bawl my eyes out. But what the fuck were pistachios? I heard him sigh out as i walked to the other side of the kitchen, i sat on a different counter, away from Colby. I leaned against the fridge, my legs on the counter, staring at the small bag just a few feet away from me. I bring my hand up to get them to me, when Colby walks up and hands them to me. "You have to stop using your powers, you'll strain yourself since your bodies still healing." I sighed, opening the bag to a weird smell, what in the flying fuck was this. I pour some in my hand, offering some to Colby who popped one in his mouth, waited before chewing, then pulled the shell out. That made sense. I copied his actions, pulling the shell out of my mouth. "What the hell am i eating." I said chewing on the weird snack. He laughed, pulling out a cup from another cabinet and filling it with water. "Pistachios are like nuts, you take the shell out and eat the inside." He handed me the cup that i greatly accepted. "Is it bad?" He asked me like he didn't just eat one right in front of my face. "It's not bad, it's just, new." I popped a few more in my mouth, just to get used to the weird taste. "A good new?" Colby shrugged, i'm guessing he liked them considering the way his emotion process changed when he asked me. "Like new in a way i can't say i don't like it." I responded just as Kat walked out of the bathroom, her makeup good as new and her hair tied back. "Sams coming, he said he was running late." She smiled like nothing was wrong, walking over to us. "What took the prince so long?" I asked, shoving more pistachios in my mouth. "He said he ran into some trouble." She shrugged, taking a nut from my hand. Trouble? What trouble? "You okay J?" Colby asked staring me down cautiously. I nodded, turning my attention back to Kat. "Yeah, just something i thought about. It was probably nothing." I shrugged it off, trying to think of a way to change the subject before they asked what was going through my head. A lot was, a hell of a lot. A part of me was trying not let the cage open and let the monster loose. A different part was trying to get my mental health in order and not have a huge mental breakdown on a kitchen counter. And the me that everyone saw, the person that was emotional one second and completely cut off from the world another. The me i'm trying to figure out, because i don't even know who i was. I was so deep inside my mind for a second that i completely blocked out the real life world. I felt a strong group of energy enter the building, just a quarter of a mile away. That's what snapped me out of it. "J?" I looked up and saw Colby and Kat standing closer to me than before, worried looks on their faces. "Sorry i wasn't all there for a second." I respond, jumping off the counter and heading to the door. "Where are you going?" Kat asked as they followed me. "Sams here." I opened the door, Sam standing there in his position to knock, a shocked look on his face. "Welcome."