3

Yoongi opens his eyes to someone frantically shaking him awake.

"Yoongi-ah! Come on, wake up," Jin says.

"Ugh I'm up now," he groans, feeling like his head was going to split in two.

"What happened? Why are you sleeping here at the kitchen table? Are you sick?" Hobi asks, putting his hand to Yoongi's clammy forehead.

He immediately retracts his hand and looks at Yoongi with wide eyes.

"I came down here to eat and that's all I remember," he says groggily, a wave of dizziness and nausea hitting him as soon as he sat up straight.

"You need to see a doctor hyung. You're burning up," Hobi says, grabbing the half empty plate off the table.

"No, I'm fine. I think I have the flu or something. We have medicine for that," he says groggily, attempting to rub his eyes.

His left hand moves accordingly but his right hand felt particularly stiff and heavy. He tries to wiggle his fingers, only managing to get them to twitch on the table making a sharp pain shoot up his arm. He cries out at the sudden pain and Jin and Hobi look at him in alarm.

"What's wrong?" Jin asks, but Yoongi's gaze remains fixated on his hand.

"Is it your hand hyung?" Hobi asks, leaning down to take a look.

He gasps and drops the flu medicine when he sees a large bruise on the outer part of Yoongi's right hand. It was an angry red and purplish color that stood out in comparison to the skin around it and it was starting to spread down his forearm.

"You don't have the flu Yoongi-ah. You-" Jin starts.

"Don't even say it hyung," Yoongi cuts him off.

Even though he couldn't see it for himself from this angle, he knew that only one thing could cause that reaction.

A fucking soulmate bond bruise.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Crystal woke up with a headache and discovered that her bruise had spread halfway up her forearm. Her arm was heavy and painful but she ignored it the best she could, doing things with one hand as she got ready for the day.

"What are you doing up?" her mom asks as she makes her way into the kitchen.

"I've got work and I've got to drop the kids off to school," she answers, ruffling her little brother's hair.

"Hey!" he giggles and she kisses his cheek and sits beside him at the table.

Her little brother, Christian, was ten years old, but didn't really know what was going on because he has autism. He had thick, curly hair and brown skin like their mom but his facial features were all his dad. It always made Crystal wonder if it hurt her mother to look at him sometimes since he was so strikingly similar to her late husband.

"What are you doing up sis? Shouldn't you be resting?" Cheyenne asks, getting her bag together for school.

Natalia runs over and hugs her tight, careful not to jostle her painful looking arm.

"What? No people. I have to get things done too," she says, hugging her younger sister back.

"We know. We're just worried so be careful and if you start to feel sick then come home or go to the hospital if it's bad. I mean it Crystal," her mom says, pointing a spatula in her direction.

She nods and gives her mother what she hopes is a convincing smile.

"Okay, breakfast sandwich for you three. You don't have much time to eat this here," her mom says, making three sandwiches for her and her two sisters. Christian always eats while Naudia is cooking.