32

Crystal sits at the dining room table writing out her statement—CEO Park's warning bouncing around in her head. It was making her second guess whether she was making the right decision in reporting her assault.

"What's wrong?" Yoongi asks when he sees her spacing out, drawing Nurse Choi's attention in the process.

"Are you having trouble remembering what happened? Sometimes victims go blank after an assault due to the shock," Nurse Choi asks from her seat next to Seojun across the table.

"No, it's just...I'm having second thoughts about reporting this," she says uneasily, getting an array of shocked responses.

"Is it because of his threat? You shouldn't let that scare you Crystal. He's just afraid of this ruining his image," Seojun says, deep frowns on his face.

"I'm not scared. If you guys weren't involved, I'd pull up on his ass right now. Now that I'm over the initial shock, I just want to fuck him up again—sorry for my language," she says referring to him and Nurse Choi.

"If not fear, then what is it? Why the hesitation?" Yoongi asks, confused by his soulmate's confession.

"I'm hesitant because this could backfire. People like CEO Park are pure evil. They will not hesitate to try to discredit everything I've done so far and I've worked too damned hard to get to where I am. I can already see the "angry black woman" agenda they'd play in court. These dirty, racist ass judges would just eat it right on up. They can ruin everything I've worked so hard for as well as anyone close to me. I won't allow them to take that. I can't—and I won't watch a business my mother and I built with our blood, sweat, and tears go down the drain because my boss is a creep. Not to mention, they'll keep this going in court for as long as they can and I'll be on tour with you guys. One missed court date is all it takes to dismiss a case like this."

"I get what you're saying, but I think the chance is worth taking. I'll take this down to the police station myself and make sure everything's handled properly," Seojun stresses.

Crystal shakes her head, not feeling like they heard her at all. The emotions in the room were still running high and she felt like she was the only one thinking beyond how she felt. She dealt with court cases regularly, even representing some clients herself. She'd seen the looks and experienced the blatant distaste the judges she'd stood before had for the color of her skin. Sometimes it was as if she was the one on trial, which is why she rarely made physical appearances in court. She didn't want her clients cases to be overshadowed by her image. It was rarely talked about, but the majority of the judges were older men with traditional values. That included a distaste for foreigners—especially if they had darker skin.

Not only that, but something in her gut was telling her that CEO Park meant that threat. Who just lets something like that just slip out of their mouth so casually? The man is a billionaire and she was sure he had the power to try and hurt them if they went public. Like she'd stated before, it it was just her she'd be ready for war, but she had people to look out for; and she wouldn't have anyone getting hurt over this. She had to put her emotions aside and move strategically if she really wanted him to pay.

"Let's say we do get lucky and happen to report to a police officer that's not corrupt and he does the right thing. We get an unbiased judge that will make an example out of this creep and he gets time in prison. Then what? You think he's going to take it laying down? No retaliation? I don't think so. As much as I want to see him rot in a cell, the most he'd get for this level of assault is 2 years, even less with good behavior. It's hard to misbehave when you're alone, because you know they wouldn't put him in gen pop with the real criminals. He'd be comfortable and safe in his solitary cell with his books, television, 3 meals a day, and probably anything else he'd want—plenty enough time to plot against all of us. He didn't get where he is by playing fair Seojun. I have a bad feeling about this."