17

*English in bold.

- 1 week later -

Crystal and Sehee sat in the cafeteria eating breakfast, a normal part of the routine they'd adopted over the week. The two had grown close in a surprisingly short amount of time, so comfortable together that the guys often joked that they were soulmates as well.

Crystal was the introvert to Sehee's extrovert and they balanced each other out well, developing an appreciation for one another's personality and sense of humor.

The more time they spent together, the more similarities Sehee had noticed between Crystal and Suga. Both had spitfire personalities obscured by their laid back and impassive demeanors. Both were also witty, intelligent workaholics with smart ass mouthes. They were cute though and meant no harm so it was endearing.

Watching the two over the week had been interesting to say the least. Anyone with eyes could see that the bond was affecting them, but they were fighting it tooth and nail. They slipped and showed their care every now and then though.

You could see it in the way Crystal took charge when it came to Suga's health. She'd always step in when she felt like he was pushing himself too hard, much to his dismay. He didn't like to be interrupted and she didn't like to interrupt, but he'd really forced her hand. As she said, she'd rather step in and say something in the moment than risk waiting and end up having to pick his ass up off the floor.

Suga showed his feelings in other, more subtle ways. The whole reason why he was trying to push himself to last longer without skin contact was so she could leave and do things comfortably. She had a meeting in a few days at her job as well as some photo shoots to do for her mom. He didn't want to infringe on that time and set her back because he was weak so he pushed himself to the brink so that he'd be strong enough to carry on without her for at least a few hours at a time. He'd remembered how upset her siblings were when she'd had to leave and he wanted her to be able to spend as much time as possible with her family.

He'd also noticed that he and Crystal shared a horrible habit—getting so immersed in work that they'd forget to eat. He didn't say anything in fear of overstepping, but he did make sure she ate when he ate. He'd also place snacks next to her when she was working on her laptop, so focused that she wouldn't even know it was him.

The others, however, did notice but refrained from teasing. The budding situation the two was still fragile and they didn't want to be the cause for more tension.

Suga watches as Crystal and Sehee enter the studio, some of the backup dancers and staffs' gazes immediately flitting over to them.

Now I know how JK feels.

He couldn't help but think that this was his Karma for teasing the maknae about his jealousy as he notes the longing and heart eyed looks directed at his soulmate. His eyes narrowed and his hands clenched and unclenched at his side, a clear sign that he was getting irritated.

What if one of them catches her eye?

Sehee waved to a few people and Crystal bowed politely to greet some members of the staff she'd been introduced to. Her expression changed from a small, polite smile and went back to being stoic as Sehee talked her ear off.

Her naturally uninterested face was one of his favorite things about her, especially in situations like this. No man with common sense, not even him, would think she had even half an inkling of interest in them if it came down to her facial expression.