8

Crystal struggles to open her eyes for what felt like the 100th time and sighs internally, thoroughly irritated at her predicament. She'd been "awake" for quite some time now, hearing everything around her but for the life of her, she couldn't move her body nor open her eyes.

She didn't realize that externally, her forehead would wrinkle and her nose would scrunch before ironing out and becoming expressionless again. She was closer than she'd thought, but she was blinded by frustration.

The cause of that frustration?

Min freaking Yoongi and some unknown male that was in the room.

Why you ask?

Because they were talking shit about her.

She'd "awakened" way before him and found herself in this predicament. She was sure her sense of time wasn't very accurate right now but if she had to guess, she'd say he woke up about three hours after she did. He was fully awake though. Apparently they'd been out for two whole days. She listened to the nurses soothing him when he came to, the members of BTS sounding extremely happy and relieved that they were alive, and finally the unknown man.

From what she'd heard, he's only gotten up to use the bathroom and all the members of BTS were catching up on sleep now that he was better. Some of their staff were taking shifts watching over them and that's where Mr. Asshole came in. Suga had asked the man what he knew about her and he immediately jumped into how she was suing the company—no context or details given.

They talked about that for a long time and the man assured Suga that she wouldn't get a dime—to which her soulmate himself replies, "Good. Nobody likes a gold digger. It would be my luck to be stuck with one for the rest of my life."

She was so pissed she could spit fire. Who the fuck did they think they were talking about her like that while she wasn't awake to defend herself? Did it never occur to them that she was just trying to get in contact with them? And what was Mr. Asshole getting out of trying to make her look bad?

She didn't know right now but she for sure was going to find out whenever she could move.

Come on Crystal. Wiggle a pinky or a toe or something. Anything at this point!

Her pinky twitched and she smiles internally, focusing on that hand again. Pretty soon, she could get her whole hand to twitch. She does this with her the rest of her extremities, focusing on each one and making it move before working on the next.

The room had gone quiet and she could only hear soft breathing so she guessed the two men had gone to sleep during her struggle—completely unaware of the storm brewing inside her.

After only God knows how long, she finally opens her eyes, blinking rapidly as her eyes tried to adjust to the brightness of the room.

She's lying on her side, almost in a fetal position and her chin is tucked into her chest, her hair concealing her face. Her head is resting on her right arm, which is stretched out straight and resting on Yoongi's chest.

Groaning softly, she uncurls herself from the uncomfortable position and slowly sits up on the edge of the bed.

"Well look who's finally up. How are you feeling kid?" Seojun asks quietly, rushing over to her from the doorway.

"Irritated, but alive so..." she gripes, shrugging.

She hears a deep chuckle coming from the doorway and looks up to see Namjoon.

"We're glad you're alive. Thank you so much for thinking outside the box and getting the company's attention privately. It was very clever of you," he says.