36

Crystal held back her tears as she stepped onto the private jet, having just said goodbye to her family making her emotional. They'd all given her early birthday gifts, making her promise not to open them until that day. Spirits were high until it was time to leave—the announcement opening the floodgates for her two youngest siblings. She didn't cry in front of them, wanting to be strong for the kids; but that strength was quickly depleting with every step she took now.

She could hear Sehee sobbing quietly behind her seeing as she'd just said goodbye to her family as well. The boys and their management was nice enough to make sure they'd be flying privately from now on, wanting to reduce the chances of being seen together as well as reducing any safety risks. This allowed them to have their own private hangar where their families could come and see them off. Crystal made a mental note to thank their manager, Sejin, when she was feeling up to it. He, along with some security personnel, were sitting at the front of the jet.

She and Yoongi sat in the seats closest to the back, facing the front of the plane and Sehee and JK sat across from them in seats facing the back of the plane.

She was so out of it she forgot to buckle her seatbelt, so Yoongi reaches over and does it for her, which makes her tear up again. Wordlessly, he lifts the armrest between them and pulls her into him, letting her lay her head on his chest as silent tears streamed down her face. She clutches the fabric of his hoodie in her hands, allowing his scent and presence to comfort her in her sadness—his embrace a reminder that he was there for her.

She closes her eyes when the plane takes off, trying not to think of the distance it was putting between she and her family. The separation anxiety was already settling heavily in her chest—the only thing keeping her calm being the man keeping her wrapped up in his arms. JK was doing the same for Sehee, lowly humming Euphoria, something that always made her feel better when she was like this.

The other members sit and talk quietly amongst themselves, wishing there was something they could do to help. They didn't like to see the girls they'd grown so fond of sad so the least they could do was plan something nice for them once they get to LA. They had plenty of time to think about it on the 11 hour flight.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Crystal and Yoongi slept the majority of the flight away, only waking up once to eat. They'd moved to the bedroom at the very back of the jet, which had a pretty comfortable mattress.

They were now putting on their shoes and getting ready to get back to their seats. Joon had just knocked on the door and woken them up, letting them know the plane would be landing in about 15 minutes.

Crystal grabbed her carryon and got out her toothbrush, quickly fixing her hair and brushing her teeth and Yoongi does the same, thanking her for thinking to put his toothbrush in her bag.

"You're welcome," she says,reaching up to peck him on the lips.

They make their way back to their seats hand in hand and Yoongi struggles not to blush, her soft kiss at the forefront of his mind.

"Hey sleeping beauty. Welcome back to the land of the living," Sehee says, somewhat back to herself.

You could still see the sadness but Crystal cracked a smile anyways.

"The land of the living is overrated. Sleep is superior," she replies, covering her mouth as she yawns and stretches her body like a cat.

"Hyung? Are you inhabiting Crystal right now? I've never heard something more you," JK grins, making Yoongi narrow his eyes at him.