55

"Yes, mom Sehee's wearing red lipstick," Crystal says, fighting the urge to roll her eyes.

"Okay good. I'll let you go, but don't forget to take pictures," Nadia exclaims over the phone.

"Will do mom," Crystal says before hanging up.

"Sorry, she's just really excited," Crystal says, making her hair abs makeup artist, Amerie, giggle.

She and Sehee were currently getting their hair and makeup done for the awards. They were all set up at a hotel not too far from the venue and she and Sehee got to meet their stylists, Amerie and Binna. Amerie is a sweet, Blasian woman in her early 30s and Binna is a soft spoken, Korean woman in her late 20s

"It's cute how involved she is. Those dresses are beautiful. She's just making sure we're doing her work justice," Amerie says.

"Yes! I am going to find a way to pay her for this masterpiece of a dress whether she likes it or not," Sehee huffs, making Crystal laugh, the sound slightly muffled since she was getting lipgloss applied.

"Yeah, let me know how that works for you," she says, making Binna and Amerie giggle.

"Yeah, I don't know your mother, but I wouldn't dare disobey her. That may not be a good idea," Binna says, perfecting Sehee's red lipstick.

"And we are done. Let's get you into your dress and we'll see how your hair set," Amerie says and Crystal nods, catching a glimpse of her face in the mirror.

Her makeup was just as she asked. It gave off a natural glam look without being caked on or overdone—perfect for the dress her mom had made for her. It was such a statement piece that she really didn't need to do much—only donning a statement ring on each hand a diamond studs in her ears.

"Thank you mother for the sensible shoes. I was not trying to wear 6 inch stilettos with this dress," Crystal says to herself when she sees the 4 inch heels her mother sent with the dress. They were white and silver like her dress even though they'd be hidden by the floor length garment.

She went behind the changing screen, took off her robe, and slipped on the dress, zipping it up on the side before sitting and putting on the shoes. Her toenails were their usual white and Amerie had painted her nails a pretty nude color.

"Wow, beautiful! It looks even better on you than it did on the hanger," Sehee says when she makes her way around the screen.

"Your mother is a talented woman. What did you say your website was again?" Amerie asks, putting a cape around her shoulders as she gets started taking the clips out of her hair.

They spend the rest of the time talking about Crystal's and her mother's clothing line to which she extended most of the credit to her mother. She contributed to designs every now and then but mostly ran the business side of things.

"Ooh Sehee! I love that look on you. It's spicy, but subtly spicy though," Crystal says, making her laugh.

"I've never worn something so classy. I'm already out of place," Sehee says, her nerves making themselves known.

Crystal knew exactly how she felt. Here they were being all prettied up to attend their first ever event of this magnitude with their super famous soulmates. In just a few minutes, they'd be in the public's eye in a major way, open to scrutiny and whatever else the world wanted to throw their way. The dates they'd gone on last weekend were already the talk of the town and she was sure this attendance from them would cause a media uproar she wasn't sure she'd be ready for—but it was too late now.

"Might as well get used to it girly. This is our life now. It'll definitely take some adjustment. Neither of us favor this sort of attention, but it's going to be given to us regardless now. Might as well make something positive out of it. Think of this as practice. If we can survive this, we can survive anything," Crystal says referring to the sheer amount of media, celebrities, and fans that would all be in the same place.