Chapter Twenty-Five

The concert had gone just as it always did, the audience was ecstatic, the bands were live like electricity and the late night was horrendous and painful in the morning.

In order to have some time away from Nikki, I had continued to stay on the Guns N' Roses bus; surprisingly enjoying my time even when Axl and Slash were moping around.

Waking up and finding that the bus was parked via the fuel station; I decided to go stretch my legs and use the toilet facilities since I had a chance.

Removing myself from the bed, to where I was laying on; unfortunately bunking with Axl, I stood up stretching.

"Where you going?" Axl tiredly mutters sitting up.

"Out." I simply answer walking down the hall. Finding a pair of boots to one side, I decided to take them and put them on just to use for a short time. My shoes had seemed to have gone walkabout, and to where had me baffled.

"Well I ain't letting you out by yourself, what if the bus leaves and you're stuck here? I don't want to put up with the shit I'd cop from the Crüe." Axl grumbles from behind.

"Good on you, you've probably jinxed it now." I open the bus door and wander out into the cool misty air of the early morning.

"Yeah, yeah. They wouldn't do that, they would know we're not on the bus." Axl cooed from beside me.

"Anyways, are those my shoes?" Axl points down at my feet to see that I was wearing a pair of black cowboy-like boots.

"I don't know whose they are." I glance down at them, I had I say, they were much more comfortable then they looked.

"Why in hell are you wearing my bloody boots? Why aren't you wearing your own shoes?" He bickers as we walk around the back to where the toilets were located.

"Someone has stolen mine, I can't find them anywhere." I reply.

"And that gives you the right to wear mine because?" He pauses.

"Oh stop your bloody complaining, I only wanted to borrow them to go to the loo. Besides keep whinging as you do and you'll make someone a good wife some day." I grumble in return, walking into the female toilets.

Finishing up in the bathroom not so long later, I followed Axl's figure who was walking a few metres ahead of me. My eyes scanned around to spot the large bus still sat in the same spot. Maybe Axl was right, how could they ever forget about their lead singer? How embarrassing would it be if they did?

"See the bus is still there." Axl turns to me, knowing that I had been following him like a harmless sheep.

"It better stay there to." I mutter under my breath. I was just being silly thinking they would actually leave us practically in the middle of nowhere. A band was almost nothing without their singer, it would just be instrumental. And without Axl's singing voice, Guns N' Roses wouldn't be such without it.

Finding myself linger towards the small stand of cassette tapes, I fiddled through them slowly. Different band names that didn't really interest me seemed to come up first, except when I came across a Tsol cassette tape, which happened to come in dozens, of course with being their new album out.

"So you're a Tsol fan huh?" Axl notes sneaking up behind me carrying a plastic bag by his side.

"What if I am?" I sneer.

"Nothing by it, I was just going to say they're a good band; have a great sound." He raises his hands in defence.

"You know, for once; I couldn't agree with you anymore." I reply taking my attention off of him.