Chapter Forty-Eight

His eyes glowed as he glared menacingly with the knife gripped in his hands. I heaved a breath compressing myself against the cold wall, the tears were falling from my eyes as I stared back at the mystery man. His face was blacked out but I could clearly see his green eyes in amongst the black. As if reflecting light, the look of the knife had me shivering. It looked sharp, besides it it wasn't just a pocket knife. It was a butchers knife of some kind, and quite frankly it frightened me.

I compressed my back further against the wall, seeming to hope that there was the slightest chance I could fall through the wall. Magically escape the mysterious psychotic killer. Sliding down the wall pathetically, the tears ran down my cheeks as the person approached. I had no where to run, I was trapped with nothing to use against him. Squeezing my eyes shut as the man leapt towards me, I felt a heavy weight and nothing else. Opening my eyes, the scenery around me had rapidly changed. The whisk of the cool breeze blew my hair from my face, I was sitting on the grass with the sun soaking into my pores.

Nikki dropped by me, laying on his side as he smiled upon me.

"Hey baby." He murmurs before crawling over to me and pushing me to lay back onto the soft itchy grass. Nikki leant down and pecked my lips softly before sitting upright and straddling my hips. Giving me a charming grin, he ripped a silver pocket knife from his grubby jeans, flipping out the blade in front of me. Flinching, I watched him closely as he brought the blade up to his face. He tilted the blade sideways and dragged it down his face, shaving his dry face.

"Be careful, don't want you cutting yourself." I warn, the smile appearing back upon my face.

"Oh it's not me you should be worrying about babe." He began to do the same on his opposite cheek, carefully dragging it down his skin again. The smile he once held became crooked as he glanced down upon me. "It's you." He growls removing the knife from my face and in an instant he charged it down upon me.

Screaming out, I jolted awake. My heart pounding in my chest, arms that were wrapped around me had been thrown as I sat up and almost immediately Nikki sat up with tired eyes, looking startled. So he didn't bring back a hooker, what a surprise.

Feeling my fear kick in from the dream, I quickly rushed off of the bed and into the bathroom. I slammed the door shut and locked it, hearing a confused Nikki speak on the other end minutes later. I slumped down onto the closed toilet seat, holding my head in my hands and massaging my fingers through my hair.

Letting out a pained groan, I tugged my hand from my head, but it continued to get caught on my finger for some reason. Using my other hand, I felt around my finger to feel a ring on my finger. What was a ring doing on my finger? Unwinding the hair that had managed to wrap several times around the ring, I blinked a few times before actually looking at the ring. There on the very same finger was the ruby, back to where it was sat earlier before the argument last night.

Rolling my eyes as the thought of Nikki placing the ring back on me last night, I sat up straight and stared ahead. My head felt light and it felt like the room around me was spinning. Light headed and giddy, that's a great start.

With a loud bang, the bathroom door was forced open revealing a worried Nikki. His hair was all over the place and covering his green eyes, with the broken door, Nikki took a step into the bathroom and gaped at me.

"What'd you do that for?!" I snap slightly as I glare up at him. Why did he break down the bloody door? Was there any need to?

"I thought something was wrong and you weren't answering me." Nikki calmly replies, furrowing his dark eyebrows.

"So you broke down the door?!" Was my reply, my head was aching now and continuing to spin.

"Babe, I'm sorry alright? I know I'm an asshole. But I can't stand to lose you." He awkwardly shifts, his hair shielding his view from me, but I could still see him looking at me.