Chapter Fifty-Six

It had been a few days since I had last spoken to Nikki or even hung around Axl. I was keeping to myself for the sake of excluding myself from all the drama. All that stupid drama I didn't need. It seemed like all this tour had been for me was heartache and nothing but drama. I didn't enjoy the drama, when everything was drama-free, that's when I enjoyed myself. I was honestly dreading the tour so far.

Thinking Axl may be interested in going out for a bite to eat, I slowly wandered towards his hotel room. At least this gave me something to do, I didn't mind Axl's company. Stopping by his door, I knocked and waited patiently for an answer. Minutes later, the door opened revealing Axl drying his hair with a white towel. He looked rather surprised to see me, but that didn't stop the smile from leaving his lips.

"Suzie, didn't think I'd be seeing you here right now." Axl steps aside and allows me to walk inside.

"No, it's okay. I just came by to ask whether you were interested in going out for something to eat?" I suggest, stopping not too far from the front door. Axl looked quite pleased about the suggestion, that was until his smile faltered.

"I can't." He then adds. Nodding my head, I stood there for another moment awkwardly.

"Oh, okay. Maybe another day." I give him a small smile and go to approach the door yet again.

"Well, I sorta can't do another day either. Or ever." Now that had caught my attention, what had Axl all tied back? He'd usually be the one who would make up the plans and suggestions and would never deny one if I or another suggested it.

"Fair enough." I return, not exactly asking for an explanation why. Although, Axl seemed to have taken it as that's what I was asking, either that or he just wanted to tell me.

"It's because of Erin." He then adds, stepping in front of the door and not letting me pass through.

"Yeah and?" I usher him to continue on before I died of embarrassment. I didn't ask people whether they wanted to go out to eat often and it was for me when I did.

"Erin's pregnant. And it's my kid she's carrying." I felt like rolling my eyes and scoffing. Yeah right, Nikki probably knocked her up. "I wanna be there for her, I know I do love her deep down and because of this news. We cannot associate in any of 'those' ways." He raises an eyebrow as he spoke. I was shocked, pleased and kind of disappointed all at once. But the news didn't really have an affect on me, didn't worry me one bit. In my opinion, Axl was better off with Erin.

"That's absolutely fine, and congratulations. You're gonna be a great dad." I hold my hand out to shake Axl's hand. Good on him, he needed the happiness and by all of this seemed to match him and his life perfectly. Instead of shaking my hand, Axl had other ideas. He gripped onto my wrist and whipped me into a tight hug.

"If only it had been the other way around." He murmurs in my ear.

"What? You pregnant?" I sarcastically reply, the giggle escaping my lips once I said it. Well that was gold in my opinion, I was rather happy about my comment too. Axl ripped back chuckling.

"This is why I had feelings for you." He breathes, with one arm on my waist and his other hand stroked my cheek. Placing my hand onto his chest, I slowly pushed myself from his grip.

"I gotta go." I whisper, his blue eyes stared back at me. Axl didn't say anything, he simply watched me leave without doing anything to stop me either. Considering that was out of the blue, I was happy. Quite proud for Axl, this would be good for him. He wanted a family, I could see it. As I left I noticed further down the hallway stood Nikki, he was bowed awkwardly, watching me like a hawk. Shaking my head, I continued walking, ignoring that he was there at all.