Chapter Forty-Six

Slowly, but tiredly blinking. I laid in bed with my eyes open, blurry but open. It had been a bit of a long night for me, and still I hadn't caught up on my sleep. With the tour, it made it almost impossible to have enough sleep. Nikki snored quietly, catching my attention. Taking a quick glance down, I noticed Nikki's head rested against my naked chest. He was still out like a light and was cuddling me like a teddy bear.

Breathing in, I closed my eyes remembering the previous night. As soon as we left the bar, Nikki and I shared the shower. For the very first time may I add, yesterday had been a first for a lot of things, but I wasn't complaining. Nothing had happened in the shower to my surprise, but I couldn't say the same from the second we got out.

I had been drying myself down with my back to Nikki, and just before I could leave the bathroom, Nikki whipped me back in and up against the sink. His touch was soft and his kisses were filled of need, he made me feel like I was the only girl in the world. That day it had been twice Nikki and I had sex, I was quite surprised, never did I think we would or it was possible. Surprisingly enough, it was rather good both on and against the bathroom sink. At the moment what Nikki and I had was something I really liked, if anything I wanted more. I wanted us to be much more then what we were already. But still I had the worry of Nikki throwing me away like he did with the rest. Every single woman he had been previously, he would get all loving and suddenly one day they're gone. He gets rid of them, kicks them out, breaks up with them. I was scared he'd do the same for me.

"What are you doing to me Nikki?" I say under my breath, my fingers combing through his thick, smooth dark hair.

Nikki's breathing quickened into sharp gasps, his grip around me had tightened and became in some ways painful, his legs kicked around and his once calm facial expression was scrunched up. He was having a nightmare, it was as clear as day. Seeing whether it would pass or not, a couple of minutes had passed by ever so slowly and still he hadn't of woken nor had he improved in anyway. Deciding on attempting to wake Nikki, I grasped onto his bicep and shook it gently. There was no response, he was still stuck in his dream. His snake-like grip around my naked body grew twice as tight, urging me to wake him. He was squeezing the life out of me, like he was wrestling something trying to kill him, or trying to suffocate someone by strangling them to death. Letting out a pained squeak, I gripped onto his bicep tighter and shook it almost viscously.

"Nikki wake up! Wake up." I cough out, still shaking his arm. He had my other arm caught in between, leaving me with only one I could use. His kicking had become violent and more consistent and the grip he held on me was killing me. It was a horrendous pain, like my bones were bending in ways they weren't meant to and that at any moment they could shatter. It also felt like I had troubles of breathing, like I couldn't get air into my lungs because I was being squeezed so incredibly tight.

"Nikki!" I squirm, feeling hopeless. I actually thought he was going to squeeze me to death, it's not like it wasn't possible and the thought in itself was frightening. Removing my hand from his bicep, I brought it up to his face and in one quick but firm movement, I slapped it against his cheek. Nikki's eyes snapped open, his grip around me had released and his entire body sat up, sliding off the side of the bed and onto the floor. That startled me, but I couldn't imagine how Nikki felt. Whatever it was, it must have sucked him in, that he was having trouble waking up.

After falling onto the ground with a thump, Nikki sat up and put his head in his hands, looking like he was dreading whatever he had subconsciously went through. Besides, waking up due to being slapped then falling onto the ground obviously wasn't a great way to awaken. Gasping for a needed breath, I draped my arm around my body. The pain had mellowed down, but it felt like I was faintly aching all over.
With only minutes passing by, a naked Nikki picks himself up from the ground and sits himself onto the bed. Still looking terrified, and also ashamed, Nikki's eyes trail over to me and take in my appearance. He still wasn't looking like he was fully awake, fully back to reality.