Chapter Sixty-Nine

I stared down at Nikki in disbelief. My heart pounding incredibly hard against my rib cage and my stomach had dropped like a heavy sack of potatoes. No, please this can't be happening. I can't face this, not here, not right now! Please Nikki, you are killing me. I watched as Nikki opened up the small red box revealing a diamond ring. It wasn't the ring that he had given me only prior, the one that I slammed down on surface of the bedside drawer as Nikki fucked the blonde bimbo. No. This was a proper, very expensive looking engagement ring.

Feeling the palm of my hands get sweaty and my face grow hot and red, I watched Nikki carefully. He was making things worse, not saying that I didn't ever want to marry him. I wanted to marry the man, I wanted to jump into his arms and say yes. But right now? It was absolutely impossible. Feeling a lump form in the back of my throat, my eyes stung of tears once again.

"Oh Nik, please put it away." I shook my head, we couldn't do this right now. It wasn't right and I knew very well this was forced. If he were to ask me to marry him, it ought to be in a better way and a better situation. This, this was almost like blackmail. Using my love and feelings for Nikki against me.

"Suzie-Q, will you marry me?" Nikki repeats. The tears began to roll down my cheeks and a sob escaped my lips. Oh Nikki. Yes I will Nikki.

"N-No, I won't. Please Nik, put it away." I beg this time. I could see the hurt in Nikki's eyes, but he did what he was told. Putting the box back into the pockets of his pants. Just seeing that shattered my heart into a million pieces. "Why did you have to do that, Nik?" I cry. Just standing there staring at him through my teary eyes, my arms wrapped around my body for some type of comfort.

"I love you Suzie-Q. I'd do anything to make you stay." Nikki answers back, now standing opposite me. He was as heartbroken as I was, I was sure that he made the entire situation harder than what it already was.

"That's not gonna make me stay Nik." I wiped the tears from my eyes. The pain in my chest was continuously aching. Like he was stabbing a dagger into my chest. The dagger piercing my heart over and over again.

"What will it take baby? I'll do anything. I'll buy you whatever you want, ask you to marry me, give you the biggest diamond ring you could ever imagine, we will get pregnant if that's what you want. Just please baby, give me something. Anything. You know we can't be separated, you're my world and if you leave me, my world will come crashing down." Nikki was now pleading me, the tears yet again building up in his eyes. "Just tell me whatever I need to do? Please, I'm fucking begging you." Nikki took a step closer to me.

"Nikki, just let me go. It will be the best for both of us." I also take a step closer to him, now wrapping my arms around his neck. "Please? That's all I'll ask of you."

"Don't you love me enough to stay?" Nikki caresses my cheek.

"That's the issue, I love you too much that I have to go." I couldn't see the expression on Nikki's face, but I could only imagine it. Nikki wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me tight against him. This was killing me, having us both crying our eyes out over me leaving the tour. Leaving Nikki. Even after he asked me to marry him.

Nikki didn't speak any longer, he just held me. Just looking at me through his glassy eyes, from what I managed to see, he was taking in the details of my face.

"If you leave, how is there suppose to be an us? I had plans baby, me and you would get hitched. We'd get our place-"

"My place." I correct him, a small giggle escapes my lips. As did Nikki.

"We'd kick the guys out, make it our own establishment entirely. If you wanted to have a baby, we would have a baby. It'd just be us, a happy family, together forever." Nikki leans in closer and spoke against my lips.

I blinked a few tears away, a crooked smile across my face. "Really?"

Nikki nodded his head, the thought that he was admitting out in the open looked to of made him happy. He genuinely looked happy about the idea of us. Not that I didn't, I was more surprised about what he wanted. Not that it didn't make me happy. It sounded like it was exactly what I wanted. He had pinned the tail on the donkey with that idea.

"Yeah, that's what I want." He breathes in deeply. "I want you, I want us. I want you to be my bride, to be the mom of my future kids. Is that too hard to ask for?"

I couldn't answer, I was too busy sobbing. The idea of us settled down, married and with a baby on the way was beautiful. It was a dream, a wonderful, perfect, beautiful fucking dream. But as it seemed, I wanted it but the chances of it ever occurring were slim. It was hurtful, especially to know how little of a chance we would have to do that. Nikki continued to hold me tight, my face buried in his warm chest. This was getting harder and harder.

"Nik, you and I both know that's not going to happen anytime soon." I returned, that hurt to admit out in the open. That hurt me quite a bit.

"Than what? What now? What am I suppose to do? By the looks regardless of what I say or do, you're pissing off back to Australia." Nikki stepped back and let me go.

"I'm sure you will figure that out for yourself." I sucked in a breath and used the back of hands to swipe at my tears.

"What's going on here?" Angry's voice boomed, from the sounds of it, he was behind me. Looking over my shoulder with tear stained cheeks and swollen red eyes, I glanced back at Nikki.

"What's it look like? Doing what needs to be done. After all, I wouldn't have had to be doing this if you hadn't of forced it upon me. Are you happy Dad? I've told Nik what's going on, told him I'm leaving him even after he proposed." I kept my back towards Angry as I spoke, I couldn't even look back up at Nikki.

"Suzie-Q.. I." Angry starts, but I cut him off.

"Dad, I don't need any more input. You've already said and done enough."

"You heard me before Nik. Get-together tonight, if I see you I see you, if I don't.. Well-" With not having anything more to say, I turned on my heels and looked Angry in the eyes before pushing pass him.