Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Tommy what are you doing back in the bus?" I hiss, I had been running around all over the place like a madman, just looking for the lanky drummer. Mötley was ready to go on stage and Guns N' Roses had already finished for the night.

"Sorry Sue, I just needed to grab my lucky ring." He smiled sheepishly, putting on his sterling silver skeleton ring. The ring that I had bought him years ago, as a birthday gift, from the very first time he wore it until now, he believed it gave him good luck.

Shaking my head, I rolled my eyes and allowed a small smile to peak across my lips.

"Better hurry up, Vince is losing his shit and Nikki is getting higher and drunker by the minute." I say as Tommy approaches me, pulling me in for a quick hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Oh they should be fine." He smirks before passing me and walking out into the bus. Hopping off of the bus myself, I was about to take a step onto the bitumen when Tommy skidded back towards me.

"One thing I forgot." He blankly says reaching into his thick leather jacket.

"Please don't hate me for this, the truth needs to be out in the air and I can see it won't be unless I do something about it." He holds whatever the object was in his hand.

He grabbed ahold of my hand and places the small object in before closing my fist.

"I just hope you will be able to forgive me for giving you it, and somehow." He pauses. "Forgive Nikki." With that being said, I couldn't admit how shaken I was at the moment, just talking about Nikki upset me. Tommy kisses my forehead before scattering off back inside, leaving me outside in the almost completely abandoned car park.

Afraid to open my closed hand, I took a seat on the silver metal step on the bus. I knew whatever I held in my hand was going to upset me, it could probably shatter me. Especially if it revolved around Nikki.

Squeezing my eyes shut and taking a deep breath, I opened my closed hand and slowly fluttered open my eyes. There in my hand was a gold ring, it had a few stones in it which looked to me, Ruby. My favourite stone.

Observing the ring more closely, I could feel the pain in my chest. This was in fact the ring that Nikki said he was going to use to propose to Brandi with. Feeling some indentation on the inside of the band, I shined it in the limited light surrounding me and read what it said.

Roses are red. Violets are blue. And Suzie-Q, I love you.

Tears struck my eyes instantly and not moments later, I was balling my eyes out.
Nikki had basically chewed me up gracefully then in the end, spit me back out. He was tearing me to pieces, he was slowly breaking me down, killing me. Sending me to my grave, but in some ways, it felt like I was going to be the one to cause myself to plunge into a wooden box. It felt like it was my only way to escape the madness, to escape the broken heart.

Clenching my hand shut, I brought my knees to my chest and continued to sob into my crossed arms and knees. Hearing voices not so long later, I wiped my eyes slightly and looked up to see Guns N' Roses standing a good fifteen metres away from where I sat. At least with it being dark, they wouldn't know I was crying, or should I say, still balling my eyes out.

"Hey Suzie-Q? You up for going to the bar for a few drinks?" Steven yells out standing next to Slash and Duff. Izzy and Axl were both staring at me incredibly hard, as though they weren't sussed by the dark.

"No thanks Steve, not tonight." I reply, trying not to sound upset not seem rude from shrugging off their offer, but my voice cracked midway through.

"Okay." Steven replies, for a moment, they all seemed to bicker amongst themselves. Slash had strut off in a huff and Axl had stopped Izzy from storming towards me. Allowing the tears to stream down my face, I kept my sobs quiet and continue to watch what they all were doing. In the end, every single one of them followed in Slash's footsteps, leaving Axl standing there in the dark. Leaving him to stand there watching me before he decided to make a move.