Chapter Forty-Four

"Seriously Nik, it's not that hard. If I can climb up in boots with heels, I'm sure you can climb up with those cowboy boots and lanky body of yours." I tease, sitting on a branch up in a tree. The view in the three was just as brilliant as the view from the ground, if not better.

"Oh alright." Nikki gives in and within a few seconds he had already joined me on the same branch in the tree.

"See that's not so bad now is it?" I smile up at him.

"Yeah it ain't bad." He holds onto another branch with one hand and scratches his chin with his other hand.

"Well, now that I've got you up here. I better leave you to it." I tease, climbing back down the tree.

"What? Woah, no you don't!" Nikki let's out a slight chuckle, quickly following me back down the tree. Attempting to playfully run from Nikki, I thought I was doing well that was until he had wrapped his arms around me as I ran and stopped me from going any further. He lifted me up into the air which got me squealing like a child. Spinning me in the air, he then place me back onto the ground.

"You're a fucking tease goddammit." Nikki huskily whispers in my ear. That brought a smirk to my lips, and caused my breath get caught in my throat for a moment.

"Well aren't you lucky?" I yet again tease, ripping away from Nikki and strutting away. Looking over my shoulder, I watched as Nikki closely trailed behind, the smirk visibly across his lips. I was having a ball, I was actually enjoying myself. Finding myself approaching the flowers in the distance, nearby the pond, I kept walking. They were absolutely stunning and of course, I wanted a closer look at them. Nikki had made a turn and took a seat back on the bench, he leaned his back against the edge of the table and sat there watching me whilst pulling out his newly bought packet of cigarettes.

Stopping in front of the bushes covered in flowers, I eyed them with a smile, they were beautiful. There was a few different types of colours and also variety of flowers, which I didn't recognise. Noticing another plant about ten metres away, which had most definitely caught my attention, I approached the reddish/orange patched leaves. It was something I as noticed back in Los Angeles, but barely. I wasn't aware of what it was, but always found it rather pretty. Reaching up to grasp onto the leave, for a better look and of course to feel how smooth it really was. Just inches from touching it, Nikki sung out my name, urgently. That stopped me from touching the plant, and got me to turn around. Nikki was quickly making his way over to me, with a lit cigarette in hand.

"Don't touch that plant!" He then yells out. Furrowing my eyebrows, I glanced back at the pretty plant. What was wrong with it? Nikki obviously knew something I didn't know. Deciding to do as I was told, I kept still and crossed my arms over my chest. waiting patiently for Nikki's slow arrival. Once Nikki halted in front of me, he withdrew the smoke he had inhaled and held the cigarette by his side again.

"You didn't touch it did you?" Nikki then asks, his expression concerned as he grabbed my hand and looked me over, like I was somehow injured.

"No, why?"

"It's poison fucking ivy, you sure you didn't touch it? Are you alright?" His eyes peeled from my hands back up to my eyes. I was completely dumbfounded, poison ivy? Wasn't that a poisonous plant? Well that was a pretty obvious observation, poison was in it's name.

"No I didn't touch it Nik, I'm fine." I sigh. "Are you alright?" I manage to ask as he stared at me for a brief moment, biting his lip. I tilted my head to one side and smiled up at him, with him biting his lip was instantly something that god me weak in the knees, in fact him overall did.

"Am I alright?" Nikki exclaims. "Am 'I' alright?" He makes emphasises on the 'I' in the word, which got me somehow confused, the way he was reacting, I didn't know whether he was about to lash out on me. It just seemed like he just suddenly got sarcastic with me. The smile faltered from my lips as I stared up at him, worried for what may happen next.