Chapter Six

Staring out the window; I watched as we drove pass the sign leading us into Albany, Georgia. The guys were all the sleeping dead either in the back of the bus where they had made the new bunks or even at the front of the bus, sound asleep, sleeping off the hangover they would've had for the morning.

"So they did alright?" Ol' John, our bus driver awakens me from my thoughts.

"Sorry what was that John?" I ask leaving my chair and slowly walking towards the front of the bus where John sat behind the wheel driving.

"I said how'd they do last night? They were all pretty drunk when I came back; I missed the entire show." John answers. Taking the seat behind John, I sat on the edge and gripped onto the back of his chair looking forward, out the windscreen.

"Yeah they were amazing as per usual; I think it was a great night, the audience was good, and the music was good. So it went as planned." I replied smiling. I was tired, but I hadn't done any drinking last night with the guys, I stuck to soft drink.

"That's good. They're a great group of guys, talented, all very talented." He repeats nodding his head agreeing with himself.

"What about the other guys on the bus behind?" He then questions after a short moment of silence.

"What? Do you mean Guns N' Roses?" I flow my hand through my long brown hair.

"Yeah Damien's lot behind us. Guns N' Roses that's their name huh?"

"Yeah, they're Guns N' Roses. Yeah they were alright I suppose." I sigh looking away from the windscreen and down at my leather high heeled boots.

"You sound disappointed." John notes, glancing back at me for a split second before he looked back towards the road ahead. We were already starting to enter a whole heap of traffic ahead.

"Disappointed? Nah just tired." I lie pretending to yawn as I did so.

"Oh alright. Why don't you get some sleep, I mean we're gonna stop to refuel and then when we get to the hotel, we'll check in and whenever you all are ready you can go inside." John suggests, giving me a warm understanding smile.

"Okay, ni ni John." I pat his shoulder before wandering away to the back of the bus. Truthfully I was tired, but I didn't want to sleep, but my body wanted to. Basically what I was saying was I was contradicting what I was thinking and my body was contradicting what I was saying. A confusing situation.

Looking at the bed that Tommy and Nikki had happily sprawled themselves in; sleeping peacefully I sighed. No room between those pair, I thought to myself. I guess I was going to sleep on the chairs; it wasn't that comfortable to sleep in I could tell you that now.

"Looking for somewhere to sleep?" A tired Vince questions, he was laying down on one of the bunks; his hair was a mess and he was only under the sheets. He could barely keep his eyes open.

"Yeah sort of." I reply staring down at Vince.

Watching him for a moment; he closed his eyes and shuffled over, making some more room on the bed. Patting the space beside him; I debated whether or not I should take up his offer.

"C'mon, hop in with me." He slowly opens his eyes looking up at me.

"But you have a wife, what about Sharise?" I ask worried.

"Don't worry about her Sue; she won't mind. Anyways who's to care, she ain't here at the moment. And what wrong are we gonna do? Cuddle? Never mind that Suzie-Q; you're one of my best friends, it's okay if we spoon." Vince smiles up at me.

"You sure?" I could feel half of me wanting to then the other half was worried that I was doing something wrong if I did.

"Oh just come here." He chuckled ripping me down onto the bed beside him. Kicking off my boots, letting them hit the floor beside me; I hopped under the bed sheets with Vince; allowing him to put me onto my side; wrapping his arms around me waist. Cuddling me.