Chapter Fifty-Four

Looking at myself in the mirror, I spotted the fairly deep scratch on my cheek. Was that from Nikki throwing the roses at me, which had thorns? It sure cut me alright. Examining my cheek more thoroughly, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. They sure as hell weren't Nikki's, instead they were Axl's. Axl's head moved in closer to mine, staring into our reflection.

"You know, I like this. I like this a lot." Axl mumbles with a smile. I couldn't really say the same, it wasn't really what I preferred. I wanted it to be Nikki, I knew I wanted it to be Nikki but he was pushing me away. He was the one causing me pain, he didn't want anything to do with loving me. He couldn't even keep his dick in his pants and try keep a stable relationship with someone he apparently loves.

"Where's Erin?" Was all I could ask.

"Don't worry she is out of the picture, she's no longer on tour with us. It's now just you and me." His lips made contact with my cheek. Swallowing hard, my thoughts recapped on what Nikki and I had fought about. Had we broken up? I wasn't quite sure, in some ways I thought it was best that we did. I needed the time to think and have the breathing space. Nikki clearly wasn't ready for a proper relationship, and maybe it would pull his head in line.

"Axl, I need to go." I mumble to Axl, to which he breathed in deeply and looked down at the sink.

"Yeah I know." He agrees. "You'll come back though won't ya?" His eyes meet mine through the reflection yet again, he looked hopeful.

"Maybe, if you're lucky." I answer, flashing him a small smile. Peeling his arms from around me, I turned around and Axl instantly pecked me on the lips. It was unexpected, I didn't see it coming.

"Please do."

Leaving Axl's room, I continued on my previous track to my room. Well it was Nikki's and my room, hopefully he wasn't there. Unlocking the door, I could have vomited then and there. On the bed was Nikki and some woman, to who I couldn't see. They were under the sheets, clearly having sex. It broke my heart to see it all unfold in front of my very eyes, Nikki didn't know what love was, he just knew how to hurt someone. Ignoring the moans from Nikki and the woman, I continued on walking to the bed. I had the urge to rip the woman from underneath him and cave her face in, but I held back that feeling. Obviously noticing someone had come in, Nikki's attention soon drew to me as I got to the side of the bed. They immediately stopped what they were doing and everything seemed to have went silent. Pulling off the ring, I slammed it down onto the drawer and made eye contact with Nikki. I wanted to burst into tears, I was aching so much. My heart was shattering into a million pieces.

"Here take this, might as well give it to the sheila you're rooting. Tell her how much you supposedly love her too." With that, I snatched the towel and continued to the shower. Slamming the door shut, I locked it and switched on the shower. Stripping from my grotty clothes that clearly smelt of sex, I took a step into the shower and closed the curtain. Feeling the warm water flush my skin, I could no longer hold back the emotions I had been simmering. The tears in my eyes ran down my cheeks mixing in with the water, making it almost impossible to notice I was crying. Leaning my arm against the wall, I rested my forehead against it and sobbed quietly to myself. Nikki surely couldn't hear a thing with the shower running and him too busy having sex with the woman, what did he care anyways. The water was causing the scratch on my face to sting but that wasn't the pain that was hurting the most, it was everything other then that scratch. Funny enough it was all over Nikki.
I knew love hurts but was it really suppose to hurt as much as this?

Continuing to cry, I removed myself from the wall and carried on with the usual shower routine. Washing hair, washing face, then washing the rest of my body. I had spent a lot longer in the shower, for reasons such as not wanting to come out and face Nikki and the it was the only place I could cry in peace. Getting out of the shower,
I dried myself down and walked over to the foggy mirror. Wiping it to only just make out my appearance, I noted my eye colour. My eyes were blood shot and the blue in them had gone to a darker more visible shade. Ignoring how I looked, I sucked my emotions back in and walked over to the door, unlocking it. I expected to walk back out to see Nikki and the woman to be still at it, or just simply together in bed but I was wrong. Coming out into the bedroom, Nikki was sat on the edge of the bed in a pair of black footy shorts. His hair was a mess and in between his fingers was the ring. He was looking at it while thinking. Oh that's surprising, he didn't give it or propose to the skank with it. How strange.