Chapter Thirty-Four

Standing completely still in the doorway, I watched Izzy as he contently laid on the grass, a pair of sun glasses shielding his eyes as he gazed up at the morning sky. Izzy rolled onto his side slightly, scavenging around in his jeans pocket for his packet of cigarettes and a lighter. I knew Izzy was one for the drugs, which got me thinking whether he was high as a kite and hallucinating, that being the reason why he was staring at the sky. Unless he was simply laying there with his eyes closed enjoying the sunlight and now a smoke. Either one seemed to make sense.

Deciding to go see what was really going on, I trudged over to him and quickly took a seat on the grass beside him. Izzy turned his head and raised his sun glasses, squinting as he looked at me, a smile then appearing on his pale face.

"Nice of you to join me at this fine hour." Izzy placed his sunnies back on and turned his head upright.

"Whatcha doing?" I ask, tilting my head to one side and eying him as he took a drag of his fag.

"Enjoying a bit of sunlight, it's really peaceful outside." He answers deeply sighing.

"Well you've got a point there." I note smiling. Izzy was wearing skin tight navy blue jeans and a ripped open Hawaiian shirt, which reveal parts of his slightly fuzzy chest and a part of his pink nipple. But with being a woman and noticing things I shouldn't, my eyes stared directly below the zipper of Izzy's jeans. It wasn't just a small average bump you saw regularly on a man, no this was a complete bulge, looking as though he was smuggling a tiger snake in his pants. My eyes widened in shock as I realised what exactly I was doing and my cheeks flushed bright red. Jesus Christ Suzie-Q, stop staring at the bulge! He's a friend and you're staring at his bloody packet! Biting my lip and awkwardly look away, the picture of the tiger snake he was smuggling flashed through my head. You've got to be kidding.

"So I heard that you and Nick had a bit of a moment yesterday, I heard it was filled of so much sexual tension." Izzy murmurs, a grin crossing his lips.

"What? How did you know that?" I try and avoid looking anywhere near his pants and continued to focus on his face.

"You could say a lil' birdie, I got tabs on you. Making sure you're alright." His tooth were showing as he grinned, soon enough taking yet again another drag of the cigarette.

"Well that's not what a creeper does at all." I sarcastically say with a chuckle. "Besides, from what I can recall, I don't believe there was any sexual tension. Just Nikki trying to get me to say I love you, that's all." I say, the volume of my voice gradually lowering.

"And what did ya' say? It's quite obvious you do and that Axl isn't for you, so did you say you did?" Izzy perked at his own question, turning his head to look at me.

"I didn't say anything. I don't know what I'm thinking, and I don't know what I think of Axl. I use to have a crush on him years ago, but that was history. He's a sweet, caring bloke. But I don't think I ever could love him." I openly say, one side of me hoping that Axl was around to hear it, then glad he wasn't around. I was pretty stuck between a rock and a hard place. I didn't know what I thought of Axl, I only knew my love was still directed towards Nikki.

"You didn't say anything?" Izzy almost shouts, ripping off his glasses and sitting up. Twigs and leaves hung in his dark, greasy hair with patches of dirt rubbed onto his back.

"No." I say a little taken back by his sudden burst.

"Well why the hell not?" He rubbed his cigarette into the grass and stared at me in shock. Not a second later I had suddenly noticed Izzy's new black eye, it was a deep blue and slightly swollen, but surprisingly Izzy could see out of it.