Chapter Seventy-Three

"Close your eyes baby, please." Nikki brought me over to his room. One hand rested against my waist whilst his other hand held the door knob.

"Do I have to?" I ask, turning to look up at Nikki. Nikki's smile grew and he simply nodded his head. Letting out a sigh, I shut my eyes and listened in to Nikki opening the door. Once he had the door wide open, he guided me inside with his arm around my waist.

"I really hope you like it." Nikki murmurs. Feeling my heart skip a beat and a smile grow on my lips, I waited patiently for Nikki to give his permission for me to open my eyes. Still listening to silence, I felt Nikki's breath against my neck, before he began to lay kisses onto my skin.

"Nikki." I complain, attempting to get rid of my smile. But I couldn't, it simply grew twice as big.

"Sorry Sue, kinder got carried away. Oh well, go on, open your eyes." Nikki kissed my cheek and wrapped his arms around me, cuddling me from behind. Opening my eyes, I gazed into Nikki's room. Lit candles were all over the place, rose petals sprinkled over the bed and two champagne glasses stood on the bed-side drawer as well as a bottle of champagne. I gaped at the room, ignoring the fact that there was a major fire hazard, I stared in awe. He had really made an effort, for missing out on the get-together.

"What do you think?" Nikki questioned, his lips pressing against my neck once more. "I thought I'd make something special out of our last time together."

I felt my stomach twist at his words. Last time. Weren't we ever going to see each other again? Ouch. I actually thought that I would spend time away from them, maybe until I've sorted myself out and come back. But the way that Nikki seemed to be talking about it, made it seem like it was going to be never again. That sure hurt quite a lot. We must have truly been on different pages, on a different thought stream.

"Well? Do you like it?" Nikki asks again, waking me up from my deep thoughts. Turned out I had been thinking for quite a lot longer than I anticipated.

"Uh, yeah. It's perfect Nik." I mumble, even I could hear my own disappointment. This had struck Nikki immediately, his grip around me loosened and I could feel him looking at me.

"What's wrong? Don't you like it?" Nikki questions, even he sounded disappointed as well. Probably because he took my own the wrong way, I wasn't even thinking about the room, I was too busy ticking over 'our last time together'. That simple sentence hit me like a road train.

"No, no Nik." I pull myself out of his arms and turn around to face him. "It's not that, I love what you've done. It's beautiful. It's just-" I paused, gazing down at our feet. The disappointment washing across my face.

"What is it Sue?" Nikki used his thumb and pointer finger to lift up my face to look him in the eyes.

"Is this really the last time we're gonna see each other?" I ask. Nikki furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head.

"No, surely not. You'll see, as fast as you go will be as fast as you see me again. After this tour, I promise I will come for you. I may not have Daddy's blessing, but I still plan of making you my wife." Nikki strokes my cheek and gives me his signature smile. "I'll be coming back for my beautiful girl, there's no stopping me. And then we can deal with our own shit without any distractions. We will finally be together." Nikki softly sighed, as if he was imagining it all.

My god, it really would be nice if it happened. But Nikki said he would, so what was there to worry about? He promised me, right? Biting the insides of my cheeks, I wander over to the closest candle and stare down. The small flame flickering and dancing around, fire was absolutely beautiful, there was nothing like it. It was beautiful, yet it could be so destructive. Continuing to stare down at the flame, I heard Nikki shuffle around before a loud pop echoed throughout the room. Looking up and over to Nikki, I watched as he began to pour the champagne into two glasses. Only having enough for the two glasses as well. But knowing Nikki, he probably had another bottle hidden somewhere in the room.