Chapter Twenty-Two

The concert that night hadn't gone completely as planned, Mick, Tommy, Vince and myself ended up having a bit too much to drink and technically the only or should I say the most sober of us all was Nikki. Hope that pissed him off.

The band had decided that today, for a couple of hours we were going to run amuck around town before we had to leave for Savannah, Georgia this afternoon. We knew it would take at least five and a half or more hours to Savannah, but the bus part wasn't bad. Since the night I had discovered Slash's necklace around my neck I hadn't had anything to do with Guns N' Roses. I hadn't really even seen them either. I kept to myself and kept hidden.

Vince linked arms with me and leaned in closer to speak into my ear.

"How about we get someone a bit worked up?" He whispers. We all knew Nikki and the redhead who were following behind were watching but we didn't care. I only really had respect for Mick, Vince and Tommy at the moment, Nikki has lost my respect and I had to say it made me question whether he was finally showing his true colours after two-three years.

"How?" I curiously ask.

"By this place." Vince pointed to the clothes shop ahead of us.
Feeling a bit giddy, I took a deep breath and nodded my head quietly.

Soon enough, I found myself standing in front of the change rooms with the guys lingering by, of course Mick and Vince had gone off to find me some type of outfit to try on, and somehow Nikki and the red haired were standing nearby.

"Should I be asking what's going on?" Tommy suddenly pipes up, his hands firmly held in the pockets of his jeans.

"Believe me Tom, you don't want to know and honestly I wish I didn't know." I mutter taking in the red curtain that was hanging in front of me to the change rooms. Tommy soon wandered off towards Nikki, quite happy to have a conversation with his brother.

By the time, it felt like I could have vomited twice; this couldn't be such a good idea. In that time, little had I noticed that I had been approached boy Nikki's redhead. Slowly turning my head into the redheads direction, I could mentally feel myself screaming and kicking, hopelessly wanting to kick her and Nikki's head in. But instead of showing her how I truly felt inside, I held on a fake smile. I wasn't that great of an actor, but I knew that it usually worked.

"Hey." The redhead smiles at me, almost seeming shy, maybe she was somehow intimidated by me, after all I came from a father who was indeed a scary looking man.

"How ya going?" I simply reply.

The woman looked away from me for a moment as I stared down at her, well I did have a lot of height difference between her, and she was in heels.

"I'm Brandi Brandt and you are?" She looks back giving me a hopeful smile as she holds her hand out for me to shake. Breathing in, I held my hand out and placed it into her frail hands. Boy was she tiny and skinny.

"Suzie-Q Anderson." I reply.

"It's really nice to meet you, finally, Suzie-Q." She grins. I'll wipe that grin off your face if you keep grinning at me like you are.

"Likewise." I nod letting go and looking away.

"So I've heard a lot about you, from Nikki of course. He speaks highly of you Suzie-Q." Brandi says catching my attention. Nikki? Well what a shocker.

"He does?" I almost choke. That came out in more of a shocked tone then I expected.

"Yeah, he doesn't really talk about anyone else like he does of you." She kindly smiles. "I would hope he would speak of me to you or one of the other band members in the same way."