Chapter Forty

Slowly closing my eyes and reopening them, the light from the bus windows seeped into my vision, for a moment blinding me. My hearing slowly came back and before I knew it, I could hear each and everything going on around me.

"I've got one alright? Sue introduced me to them, in my opinion they are soft but it's got a catchy tune alright?" Nikki's voice sounded. After Nikki said a few notes on a guitar and continuously said it as a few acoustic guitars sounded, I listened in carefully.

"It's called Cheap wine." He then says.
Not a moment later, guitars began to strum together and by their sides, Tommy was making a beat with his hands against a surface.

"Once I smoked a Danneman cigar
I drove a foreign car
Baby that was years ago
I left it all behind." Nikki sung, his voice was soft yet raspy.

"Oh c'mon this is shit. Can't we do something else?" The sound of Slash's voice, he was complaining about the song. To me the song was heaven, without it, I don't know what I'd do.

"Slash, dude. Shut the fuck up, it gets better. Trust me with that booze in your lap, you can relate." Nikki teases, a laugh escaping his lips. Sitting up in the bed of the compartment, I stared out to just see them in a closed group, Nikki, Tommy, Steven, Slash and of course Izzy. Personally, Izzy looked quite happy playing the notes for cheap wine, he seemed to be rather enjoying it actually.

"I had a friend, I heard she died
On a needle she was crucified
Baby that was years ago
I left it all behind for my-"

"Cheap wine and a three-day growth
Cheap wine and a three-day growth
Come-on, come-on, come-on." This time Tommy pitched in with Nikki, the two voices singing in tune together, the lyrics earning a slight laugh from the rest of the men.

"Okay, fine it ain't that bad." Slash chuckled before Nikki began to sing yet again. Getting off of the bed, slowly, I crept through the bus and leaned against the wall. Steven was grinning widely sitting alongside Tommy and drumming the surface at the exactly same time and same tune as Tommy. Nikki was singing and playing his guitar whilst Izzy and Slash played alongside him, Slash also adding in his own lead guitar riffs as he did normally.

"I don't mind takin' charity
From those that I despise
Baby I don't need your love
I don't need your love
Baby you can shout at me
But you can't meet my eyes
I don't really need your love
I don't need your love
I got my-" Nikki stopped singing.

"Now you know what we got. You know the words so sing along." Nikki smirked, his eyes flickering up at me. I had caught his eye.

"Cheap wine and a three-day growth
Cheap wine and a three-day growth
Come-on, come-on, come-on." Each and everyone of them sung out loud, sounding like a bunch of drunk men. It was funny to hear, but I was glad it was this song and not something else. Hearing the song itself made my day, but just hearing a mixture of Guns N' Roses members and Mötley Crüe members made it ten times better and more to smile about it.

"Sing it Tom!" Nikki yelled out loud, a dog sized grin across his face.

"I'm sitting on the beach drinkin' rocket fuels - oh yeah!
I spent the whole night breakin' all the rules - oh yeah!
Mending every minute of the day before
Watching the ocean, watching the shore
Watching the sunrise, and thinkin' there could never be more
Never be more." Tommy's voice was loud and in tune, some points where his voice would changed got me giggling.
Feeling the urge to sing along with them, a smile crossed my lips and an immense blush crossed my face before I began.

"Anytime you want to find me
I don't have a telephone
I'm another world away
But I always feel at home
With my-" This had surprised the rest of the men, which all looked back at me with cheesy grins.

"Cheap wine and a three-day growth
Cheap wine and a three-day growth
Come-on, come-on, come-on
Cheap wine and a three-day growth
Come-on, come-on, come-on." The song shortly came to an end which left Steven laughing quietly to himself.

"See, wasn't that bad now was it?" Nikki turns to Slash and smugly says.

"You want another song catchy and it's got to do with cheap?" Slash returns, challenging Nikki.

"Hit me with your best shot." Nikki chuckled. Izzy rolled his eyes and placed his guitar down before he slowly stood up, pulling a blue ice pack from between his legs. He was still sore, even after a day had passed. I didn't mean to hit him hard, and seeing he was still affected by it got me feeling guilty. I didn't mean to hurt him, it was just something I did to stop him from throttling Duff. Watching Slash look away from Nikki after explaining the notes to play, Slash smirked and moved his eyes in Steven's direction as though he was mentally talking to him.

"Loaded like a freight train
Flyin' like an aeroplane
Feelin' like a space brain
One more time tonight." Steven and Slash chant together. This had Nikki smiling just as much as he played alongside them, but he gave Tommy and look before they both rolled their eyes.

Izzy slowly moved away from the group of men, gradually walking closer to me and to the small bar fridge in the corner. He placed the icepack back into the fridge and turned to me.

"Hey Izz, look I'm sorry about yesterday-" I speak up, my words finally escaping my mouth after flooding my mind over and over again. I had been thinking about it almost nonstop ever since it happened.

"Sue don't be sorry, it's okay. I know why you did it, it just hurts like a bitch." He cuts me off, waving for me to stop talking as he did so. "It feels like you deflated them in the worst possible way, they are very tender." Izzy places his hand against his groin, biting his lip in pain.

"I wish I could take it back, I didn't mean to hurt you like that." My chest tightens, the guilt driving me insane.

"Don't stress, I ain't in a stretcher am I? Duff ain't in a stretcher either. So everything's fine, anyways you helped stop us from murdering each other and I appreciate that. No matter how much it hurts." He reaches out and caresses my cheek, a reassuring smile across his thin pink lips. Unable to contain myself, I leapt forward and enveloped Izzy in a hug. At least he wasn't cussing at me, he was understanding about the whole situation.

"I wanna apologise to. I was too caught up in murdering Duff that I didn't realise I hurt you also." He pulls away, leaving room so that we were still slightly hugging but also looking at each other. "I'm sorry I did that, I feel like shit that I had actually hit you. Axl had to tell me 'cause I didn't know." He gently brushed his thumb against my lips, there was slight bruising revealed now. It wasn't too noticeable but it was a red colour.

"No that's not your fault, that's what happens when you get into the middle of a fight between two men." I break into a smile.

"It shouldn't have happened, you shouldn't have had to do it. Plus, I just hope ol' Nick doesn't rip off my balls if he hasn't found out already. I'm already in enough pain to do me all week." He anxiously says, worry in his voice.

"Don't worry, he'll have to go through me first before he can touch you." I ruffle his hair. "It's not like I haven't had more damage done to me before though, so you're fine Izz. No need to get yourself all worked up about it."

"I just wish Duff was so understanding." He whispers.

---------------------------------------------
Sorry if it was shit, it's bit of a filler and it was a thought that came to me while I was in the shower lol. Also check out Cheap Wine by Cold Chisel (a favourite of mine) also an Aussie classic no doubt!

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter!!
Also I have to say, the amount of #team Nikki there is, I'm gobsmacked. From the last chapter of 'fourteen comments', (which I appreciate and thank you all for!!) every single one was mostly rooting for Nikki whilst only three were for #team Axl. I've split you guys!!! It's good to see some #team Axl in amongst it though. Poor guy is trying his best!!! And he's being such a sweety!!
Anyways...

Cheers,
vampirewerewolves