Chapter Eleven

The bus stunk of sweat, smoke, liquor and sex that was sprawled all over the place. This time both bands decided to trash the Mötley bus, and of course I was left over to clean up the mess. Not that I really minded, I got some time on my own; but some things I came across were feral. Dropping the black rubbish bag, I wandered over towards the cassette player, I needed something to listen to while I cleaned, I needed a tune to bust out my horrible cleaning dance moves.
Fumbling through the older cassette tapes, I come across a new U2 cassette tape. The Joshua Tree.

I had heard a bit about their new album and I had also heard one of their newest songs which had stuck with me. I can't really say I knew the lyrics well, but if I heard the song I would be able to sing parts to it.
Staring at the plastic cover, I turned it over to quickly observe the songs that were in the tape.
After reading the name of each songs, I took the tape from the cover and placed the cassette tape into the player. Pressing play for it to start.

Returning back to the garbage bag, I began I pick up the empty cans that were all still scattered across the floor. Both bands had decided to invite some groupies into the bus an of course every single band member, the groupies as even the wives of Vince and Tommy got smashed. Couldn't tell they were partygoers now could you.

Today was the day we were all meant to be heading for New Orleans, and tonight was their concert and still the buses were a hellhole and everyone was in the hotel hungover after a long night of performing and partying. If we were lucky we would get to New Orleans in time for the guys to set up and do the concert, but at the given moment I was a bit concerned over whether we would make it in time. Although it knew it was roughly a two and a half hour drive, but go knows how long it will take now. The sounds of U2 blasted through the small speakers, echoing through the bus. At least this gave me some rhythm to work with.

As soon as the second song began, I tripped on the rubbish bag and of course knocked all of the rubbish from inside, creating more of a mess. Surprisingly I didn't mind, practically due to the song I had been waiting to listen to had began to play.

Picking myself up from the ground and from out of all the filth, I dusted myself off and started to sing along with Bono's voice.

I have climbed the highest mountains
I have run through the fields
Only to be with you
Only to be with you.

I have run, I have crawled
I have scaled these city walls
These city walls
Only to be with you.

But I still haven't found
What I'm looking for.
But I still haven't found
What I'm looking for.

Swinging my arms around in rhythm to the music and managing to do the snake-like movement that Axl was practically known for. Now I understood why he did it, it was a whole heap of fun. Quickly spinning around dizzily, I picked up the rubbish bag and began to pick up more rubbish whilst I danced to the beat.

I have kissed honey lips
Felt the healing in her finger tips
It burned like fire
(I was) burning inside her.

"I have spoke with the tongue of angels
I have held the hand of a devil
It was warm in the night
I was cold as a stone." A voice sung over the music, startling me. Stopping everything that I was doing, I spun around on my heels in embarrassment. Hoping, just hoping for it to be one of the Crüe or either Duff or Steven; but of course it wouldn't be any of those guys. Just my luck I suppose.
Staring at the man that sat on the side of the chair, I scowled and turned back around, continuing on cleaning.

"I see you'd have a smile for one of the Crüe or even Duff and Steve, but for me it's just a hatred look and a scowl." Axl's voice sounded over the music. Ignoring him entirely, I continued on picking up the mess. Not moments later the music come to a complete stop with a rip, sounding as though he had pulled the tape out whilst it was still playing.