Chapter Thirteen

Feeling the pain in the back of my head, I grit my teeth and lift my hand, resting my palm against it. Slowly opening my eyes, my sight slowly cleared up, yet it felt like I had been staring at the sun, they were burning. Slowly sitting up, I weeped as the pain struck also through my back.
What happened? I remembered everything until I had bit Slash.

Taking in my surroundings I had discovered I was in the small compartment in the back of the bus, in the queen-size bed. Painfully, I removed myself from the bed and giddily stood up, the bus obviously moving along the road. How long had I been out of it?

Gripping onto the walls to steady myself as I walked, I followed the lighting of the bus. The closer I got I the front the brighter it got.

"So are you gonna tell us why the fuck we were bashing the guys for?" Tommy growls, his bruised chest the shade of a dark blue and the small drizzle of blood that was dried up on his busted lip. There was no doubt he had either got into a fist fight with Izzy or Duff, they were easily the only two men thy could throw a punch head height on the fella.

Keeping myself well hidden, I pushed myself back just around the corner of the tiny compartment for the toilet, I was listening in to what they were talking about.

"Look man, we don't mind getting into bloody fights with you, but we don't particularly like the fact that we were beating the shit out of some great dudes. I mean yeah if something was up sure but what's the fucking point of our fighting? Why were we fucking fighting in the first place for?" Vince fills the silence, they all seemed to stay quiet listening to the faint tunes of Abba in the background.

The sound of a sigh escaped Nikki's lips and before long he cleared his throat and decided to speak. Out of them all, Nikki was the most badly injured; he was out to kill unlike the rest of the bandmates who were fighting for the sake of sticking together. Once brothers, always brothers.

"We weren't fighting for no reason." Nikki simply says. Allowing my head to move closer to the corner so that I could officially see the guys all spread out across the bus. Nikki had a black eye, busted eyebrow and lip and also faint bruising over his cheek and chin. On the left hand side of his face he also had a scuff mark obviously from Axl wearing a ring whilst he punched Nikki.

"Then why the fuck were we?" Mick hisses placing an ice pack against his cheek. He was the smart one, the only one icing himself.

"Remember the very first time we met Suzie-Q? And remember how devastated and broken she was from being harassed and bullied earlier that day?" Nikki questions.

"Yeah what about it?" Vince shifts his scuffed knee, looking at though he was ignoring the fact that it was stinging like hell.

"Well, I was at the bus today where I discovered Suzie-Q and Axl inside by themselves-" Tommy immediately cut Nikki off.

"Fuck, you didn't start all that because Sue was with Ax did you? If you like her just-"

"Shh Tommy let him finish, god knows Suzie-Q can probably hear us!" Mick hissed yet again, he wasn't in such a good mood, well who was after a brawl with some mates?

"Maybe she should Mick! Maybe she fucking should! She's a gorgeous girl, she needs to know these things, otherwise you might as well keep all the other secrets a secret." Tommy growled, his usual happy face and tone of voice hasty.

"Fuck off it's my choice." Nikki groans.

"You're just being a pussy about it. If you don't say anything soon you won't be able to at all. Notice how cozy she is getting with Duff and Steven? You're gonna lose man."

"Piss off!" Nikki retorts, angered by one of his closest friends.

"Shut the fuck up Tommy and just let Nikki finish." Vince mumbles, quietening the rest of the guys down to allow Nikki to finish.
Just as the silence had echoed in the bus yet again except for the quiet music and roars of the buses engine, I couldn't help but think about today. What if Nikki had never found out about it? Would this ever happen? If Nikki had never found out until later in life would things be worse or better? It was practically digging up things from the past, although it was something that kept popping up in my mind. It was like my own personal ghost who was forever haunting me.