24. ADORABLE

GOY
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR: ADORABLE

the nights that followed came restlessly for aurora and stiles

the nights that followed came restlessly for aurora and stiles. the small girl was staying with him, per her mother's request, to ensure no more broken windows and concussed heads. most nights took a whole lot of coaxing to get her to rest, and when she did, she would have the repetitive nightmares of a certain bisexual cousin.

"c'mon, sweet girl, wake up." stiles' hands shook the trembling girl's shoulders. tears fell from her closed eyes and her tiny fists clutched at reggie tightly. she'd been shaking for the past ten minutes, the occasional small whimper leaving her pretty lips. tears were forming in stiles' own honey eyes at the sight of his angel so hurt and damaged.

when aurora's eyes snapped open wide, stiles sighed out in relief. her chocolate eyes wondered around the room for a second before skimming towards her lover, sat up, shirtless in his bed. "d-daddy." she cried harder, pushing herself up and into his arms. stiles wove them around his little girl, his warm embrace sending waves of relaxation down her spine.

"daddy's here, angel. i'm right here." he couldn't lie, the sound of the name falling from aurora's mouth was always heart warming, even if his heart was broken at the sound of her wracking sobs. it wasn't long before his warm chest was littered with cold, salty tears. aurora's shoulders shook with her broken sobs, heavy gasps escaping her lips. repetitive kisses fell to the top of her head, stiles' lips warm against her cold sweat. "you're okay, sweet girl. such a good girl, hm?"

she nodded halfheartedly, rubbing her tired, tears eyes with her fists. stiles pulled them away from her chocolate eyes gently, insisting that she'd hurt herself if she rubbed too hard. rory was restless for the next thirty minutes, far too petrified to sleep again. with copious amounts of gentle kisses and strokes against her blonde halo, her eyes slowly started to drop.

"p-promise you'll never leave, daddy?" her fist was still bound tightly on his pyjamas and her stuffed teddy. she didn't even look up at him, eyes slowly closing.

"i pinky promise, baby." a kiss pressed against her hairline. "i'll never leave you. who would look after you otherwise, hm? too tiny to look after yourself."

"i love you." she croaked, a yawn falling from her puffy red lips.

"i love you more, angel."

she was fighting sleep ever since she hopped onto the coach with stiles in tow. the thunder from outside was keeping her up, sending her into a fit of shakes every time the loud noise filled her ears. one of her boyfriend's rough hands rested in her hair, scratching at the roots slightly. his words of comfort from days ago rattled in her mind and she tried to focus on them. his other was tapping away on an ipad. aurora's own hands were stuffed into her bag, holding onto the stuffed teddy hidden away for dear life. scott sat in the seat in front of the two, his head pushed up against the cool glass. 

as soon as he seemed to drift off, shoulders falling limp, stiles jumped into action. he removed his hand from the ipad, clicking his fingers in his best friend's face. "hey, yo, scotty!" subsequently, aurora jumped besides him. "still with us?"

"yeah, sorry. what's the word?"

"anachronism." aurora grumbled after hearing the word being repeated a thousand times before. scott couldn't help the grin that fell to his face as he looked at the tiny girl he had saved. his puppy dog eyes wondered to her hands, shoved into the bag with fake fur falling out the top. she palmed the teddy aimlessly, eyes droopy. adorable.

"something that exists out of its normal time."

"nice! okay, next word, incongruous."

"can you use it in a sentence?"

"yes. yes i can. it's completely incongruous that we're sitting on a bus right now on our way to some stupid cross-country meet after what just happened, incongruous."

"wait... what happened?" the tired girl mumbled, chocolate eyes looking from one brown haired boy to the other.

"baby, i told you. you got sad, remember?" stiles' tone softened, his hand in her hair stroking lightly as their eyes met. aurora's bottom lip quivered as she nodded in remembrance.

scott cleared his throat. "out of place, ridiculous, absurd."

"okay. next word. um, darach. darach. it's a noun." scott started at the boy blankly. "we have to talk about it sometime, okay? and we're gonna be stuck in this thing for like, five hours, so why not?" aurora groaned at the thought, pushing her head into her lover's shoulder. "next word." stiles cleared his throat. "intransigent."

"stubborn, obstinate." the bus rattled, sending aurora forwards in her seat. both her lover's and her best friend's arms came out to catch her, two pairs of eyes on the small girl.

"i'm okay." rory sheepishly mumbled, and scott slowly removed his warm palms from her forearm. he groaned too. "a-are you okay?"

"we shouldn't have come. i knew we shouldn't have come!" stiles exclaimed, his touch leaving his girlfriend completely.

"we had to." scott grumbled. "there's safety in numbers."

"yeah, well, there's also death in numbers, okay?" aurora caught her bottom lip between her teeth, finally sitting up straight and pulling her hands away from the bag. she twiddled with her thumbs, trying not to overthink the situation like the two boys surrounding her. "it's called a massacre... or bloodbath. carnage. slaughter. butchery, wow that's-" he was cut off by scott's groan. "alright, scott, i'm telling coach that-"

"no. no, no, no. i'm alright." scott replied, eyes wandering over the two.

"you d-don't look alright." aurora mumbled.

"would you just let me see it?" stiles asked, leaning forwards in his seat.

"i'm okay." scott reassured, shaking his head no.

"just let me see it, okay?" reluctantly, scott obliged.

the werewolf ever so slowly lifted up his top. aurora gaped, ignoring every part of muscle on scott's body. her chocolate eyes softened at the sight of the wound against her friends chest and she sucked in a shuddering breath.

"oh, dude." stiles gaped.

"i know it's bad, but it's because they're from an alpha. it'll take longer to heal."

"how come boyd and isaac are fine then?" stiles wondered aloud, but no reply came. there was a beat of silence between the three friends, the chatter of the students around them the only sound filling the air.

until scott spoke up. "i can't believe he's dead." aurora swallowed thickly. "i can't believe derek's dead."

GOY
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR: ADORABLE