28. BROTHER

GOY
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT: BROTHER

aurora hummed as she moved after stiles

aurora hummed as she moved after stiles. she followed closely behind him in a happy daze, happy to be away from beacon hills and the memory of all the bad things that were happening there. or, that already had happened.

"and, what, he couldn't have slept outside the door, or in alison's room?"

"stiles, h-he's your best friend." aurora frowned, slipping her dainty hand into his veiny one.

"psh! so? he's a wolf, he can survive one night in the wild. fucking cockblock..." rory rolled her eyes, following her lover down the stairs. as they turned down the rickety bottom step the two caught sight of boyd. "yo." stiles greeted him from besides the vending machine. the wolf didn't reply, merely pushing his finger forwards and ever so slowly pressing 201 on the buttons.  "hey, that's the same thing i was gonna get." the machine started to whir, the peanut butter crackers stopping just before they could fall out of the slot. the little angel looked up at the two boys, brows furrowing at the blank look against boyd's features. "oh, hang on. you know what? i got a patented method for this. don't worry." stiles reached up to go to shake the machine, but before his hands could settle against the metal boyd launched his fist into the glass. aurora audibly gasped, grabbing onto the back of stiles' hoodie. her boyfriend backed up, a protective arm against her.

boyd reached into the machine, pulling out the snack. the two lovers' heads followed him as he walked away, amazed looks on their faces. as he moved away from sight stiles inspected the broken machine. "okay, quick. fill those little arms up." aurora nodded, quickly grabbing at the free confectionary and piling it up into her arms. stiles did the same, looking around to ensure no one was watching before the two made their way back up to their shared room.

"where's scott?" aurora wondered aloud as she peeked into the bathroom. the boy was not where they had left him.

"hopefully he found somewhere else to sleep." stiles grumbled, sitting down against the springy bed.

"stiles. " the blonde said pointedly. "i-i don't like this place. i-it's creepy. and w-whatever that thing was that boyd just did?" she shook. "gives me the heebie jeebies."

"you're overreacting." he beckoned her onto his lap. aurora deflated, slumping over to the boy and crawling on top of him. his warm hands welcomed her, one sliding up the sweatshirt and ghosting over her back. aurora hummed happily as the other fell into her hair, scratching timidly. "think you're just tired, angel. haven't been sleeping the best, have you?" she shook her head, eyes falling closed. "yeah. poor girl."

after a while her breathing stilled, hands scrunched into stiles' hoodie. he was talking lightly to her; star wars always managed to send her to sleep when it came from his loving voice. she adored the comforting sound.