47. I GOT A BAT

GOY
CHAPTER FOURTY SEVEN: I GOT A BAT

i couldn't put a gif to this chapter because look what hope (EtherealWhorecrux ) made PLS—

IM CRYING  N E WAYS TRIPLE UPDATE BESTIES

IM CRYING
N E WAYS TRIPLE UPDATE BESTIES

apparently, stiles was in a high speed chase. or that's what it felt like to the little girl being chucked around in the back as her boyfriend sped after derek's car. she didn't dare protect — stiles was in a rush to get noah back. she would be too, if it were her own father. "okay aven in chapter 88." she whispered quietly, but of course scott's stupidly good ears picked up on the sound.

"i don't know, something feels wrong about this." stiles spoke as he drove, pellets of rain smashing against the windshield. "you know, we proved it to derek. but she still had this look like it didn't matter. you know, like it was all still going according to plan." he looked over at scott, who had just turned away from checking on aurora. "you saw it, didn't you?"

scott remained silent, breathing in stiles' words.

"where did you get a bat?!" rory asked as she stumbled out of the car. the group had finally pulled up to the hospital, all clambering out of their cars and into the pouring rain. it instantly wet the group, but aurora was too busy looking at the wooden baseball bat in stiles' hand to care for the rain. "you don't even play b-baseball!"

"what is that?" scott also joined in the confusion, staring at the wooden bat.

"well, you got claws! i got a bat!"

"what a-about me?!" rory grumbled as she moved to catch up with their long legs.

"hello?!" stiles shouted over the rain, looking down at aurora's soaked hair. "did you not hear me? i got a bat! you don't need anything if i got a bat!" her heart clenched — stiles was willing to protect her, so that she didn't even have to lift a finger.