45. MORE THAN ANYTHING

GOY
CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE: MORE THAN ANYTHING

so, as it turns out, perhaps two cannot play at that game when one of the opponents was being stopped by scott mccall

so, as it turns out, perhaps two cannot play at that game when one of the opponents was being stopped by scott mccall. not to mention the fact that aurora couldn't bring herself to use scott like that — she had too big a heart. the moment she caught sight of him on her driveway the plan diminished into thin air.

"you guys have to make up. go and get him."

"he d-doesnt even think he's done anything w-wrong! i don't wanna t-talk to him."

"you have to make him understand, rory."

"nuh uh."

"uh huh." scott looked at her pointedly from outside the hospital. the little girl stood with her arms crossed, pleated skirt blowing in the warm wind. the puppy eyed boy was trying his very best to avoid looking at the way it slipped up upon her thighs — there were bigger things to be worrying about in that moment. his hands were still tense from the hold he had on her when they first parked the bike.

aurora had refused to get off. so, scott did what came naturally. he slipped himself off of the bike and wrapped his arms around the little girl's waist, picking her up with ease. she had huffed when he set her down, apparently used to being effortlessly flung about.

"'m not g-going in there." the blonde shook her head, chocolate eyes staring menacingly into his very soul.

"you have to, rory." scott sighed, running a hand over his face. "stiles loves you. more than anything, even star wars." she huffed in reply, looking away. "i know that you know that. and i get that you're hurt, i do, okay? i'd be hurt if i saw allison going off with, i don't know... isaac. but stiles cares about you so much, rory. more than he cares about cora. he'd do anything for you, you know that?"

"then w-why is he in there with her?" her voice broke as she looked at him once more, dainty fingers playing with themselves.

scott frowned. "because stiles wants to keep everyone safe. you know what he's like, rory. he makes it his mission. and i know what he said to you earlier, but sometimes he doesn't think before speaking." she swallowed, pushing her blonde locks away from her eyes. "he just wants to look after her, that's all."

"promise?" she held out her pinky.

"i promise." he met hers, wrapping his larger one around the awaiting one. there was a settled silence for a few moments before the little girl lurched forwards, wrapping her arms around him.

scott relaxed to the touch, instantly wrapping his arms around the sweet blonde. he held her closer than ever, taking in the familiar scent of her hair.

"'m love y-you, scotty."

"i love you too, rory." he meant it in a different way.

the short girl found herself wondering around the hospital aimlessly. her timid eyes looked for her boyfriend as her hands shook indecently. she was ever so nervous, they'd never fought this bad before.

a gasp was caught in her throat as she watched stiles trail behind his father, approaching her. noah's eyes instantly connected with the little girl's and he walked quicker. the raven haired boy hadn't noticed aurora's presence, too focused on explaining things to his father.

"rory! will you take him home? i can't even think while he's yapping away in my ear."

the timid girl stood still, going to open her mouth, but the side eye that stiles gave her was more than enough to shut her up.

"you saw something that you can't explain." stiles continued his conversation, refusing to meet aurora's eyes.

noah finally snapped. "stiles, i've seen a lot of things that i can't explain in this town! that doesn't make 'em supernatural, or make them real!" aurora stilled at the words, eyes passing between the father and son in confusion. "they just found another body. that's real." and with that the middle aged man tried to walk away, leaving a confused girl and a stumped son. but stiles didn't let it happen, following in noah's haste.

"dad! another teacher's gonna die if you don't start listening to me!"

"i am listening! i have been listening!" the man grew red in anger. aurora jumped at the sudden outburst, refraining from the natural instinct to place her hand in stiles'. everyone around them seemed to still, watching the pair.

"you just don't believe..."

noah shook his head, refusing to humour the boy any longer. he began to walk away. stiles' eye line travelled from his father to the shaking girl. aurora looked up at him, and despite not knowing half of what was going on, she gave him an encouraging nod.

"mom would've believed me."

and noah stopped with a sigh, as stiles turned away.

rory followed after him, the sound of her sneakers slapping against the polished floor quiet in comparison to stiles' stomps. he was evidently grumpy as he turned to look at her when she fell to his side,

"what're you doing here? get fed up with scott already?"

she gulped. "i-i came to apologise."

"yeah, well, maybe it's a little late for that, rory."

the little girl stopped in her tracks, stomping her foot. she grew flushed with anger as he turned to look at her. "you listen to me, stiles stilinski!" he too stopped in his tracks, amazed that the timid girl was allowing such attention to be drawn to them. "i came here t-to apologise to you! not to get ridiculed!" her hands shook at her sides, half crescent moons piercing into her skin. "i'm sorry that i didn't listen to you! i-i'm sorry that i used scott's feelings against you! i'm sorry that it hurt seeing you care for someone else! i'm sorry that i s-shouted! and i'm sorry that i-i wouldn't let you be the h-hero for once!" his jaw was slack as he looked down at the little girl, "i wish i could s-show you how sorry i really a-am. and i wish i could s-show you how much i love you, no matter how much it h-hurts sometimes." she didn't even realise that he was stepping towards her as she continued her dialogue. "and i'm sorry that—"

aurora didn't get to finish her sentence, for stiles' warm hands grabbed at either side of her flushed face, bringing their lips together. her eyes widened slightly as she gripped onto his thick wrists before they finally fluttered closed, pushing her lips further into the kiss.

stiles stilinski was just so amazed that the little girl
had come all this way to shout an apology at him. the clumsy girl that was usually so afraid of making a fool of herself was confessing her love for him around hundreds of people. even though truly, he knew that he too was in the wrong.

her stomach fluttered at the familiar feeling, as though it were the very first time that their lips had met. his hands were warm as his thumb swiped across her enflamed cheek, a smile against his lips.

they stayed close when they broke apart, foreheads touching. stiles' lips were practically atop of hers when he mumbled fateful words. "i love you with my whole heart."

she smiled too. "i love you more."

GOY
CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE: MORE THAN ANYTHING

besties i had a dream that GOY was in a tiktok of wattpad fanfic recommendations and i woke up so excited bye 😃🔫