40. SACRIFICED

GOY
CHAPTER FOURTY: SACRIFICED

stiles couldn't bring himself to awaken aurora when he received an urgent call from a certain redhead

stiles couldn't bring himself to awaken aurora when he received an urgent call from a certain redhead. he looked over at her as he slipped on his jeans, eyes softening at the rise and fall of her little chest. reggie was tucked tightly in her arms, her chin resting atop his stuffed head. tired wheezes fell past her pouty lips and stiles had never heard such a beautiful sound. the breath that passed her nose gently blew at a stray hair falling over her face.

it brought him comfort knowing that she was safe in her dream world.

with a kiss to the forehead, aurora was left alone for the night. she didn't know, for when she awoke stiles was there, sat at his desk with a pencil between his teeth. his raven hair was messy and unruly, the bags underneath his eyes indicating a lack of sleep. a groan fell from her lips as she stretched, fists rubbing at her eyes. aurora's lover turned at the sound, eyes falling onto the awakening girl.

she had moved a lot in her sleep, blanket halfway down her legs and hair a tufty mess. a yawn escaped her lips as stiles made his way towards her. he leaned down, greeting her with a kiss against the forehead. "good morning, angel."

"hi." she smiled tiredly, reaching her arms outwards and showing him her grabby hands. he grinned at the sight of them, leaning back down and enclosing his arms around the girl. they cuddled for what felt like hours, stiles even had time to tell her what had happened the night before. of course aurora was grumpy that he hadn't taken her with, but as long as they were all safe, it didn't matter. when the lovers finally rolled out of bed and got dressed their actions became rushed, as though the severity of their situation suddenly hit them.

a yawn fell from aurora's lips as she stood behind her boyfriend. said boy was stood behind one of the pillars at school, his eyes focused on his father amongst the ring of other men. noah noticed the two lurking in no time, and as he excused himself away from the men stiles turned around, pushing his backpack over his head to make it seem nonchalant. aurora, on the other hand, was obviously a master of stealth.

she covered her eyes with her hands, still facing noah.

stiles sighed at the sight, unable to fight the growing of his heart at the mere look of his little girl. "baby, just because you can't see him doesn't mean he can't see you."

"o-oh, balls-"

noah grunted from besides them. "back it up. i know what you're thinking." stiles dropped the bag, turning to face his father begrudgingly. "i know you've got all these ideas about patterns and people dying in threes..."

"dad, murdered, okay? sacrificed, actually."

"i've got half the state, including the fbi, coming in on this. they're not getting away with killing one of our own." their voices dropped to whispers. aurora looked around nervously, her hand slipping into stiles'.

"dad, they killed tara. you know, how many times has she helped me with my math homework when i had to wait at the station for you?"

"just get to class, okay?" he looked to stiles' right. "you too, rory. don't think i forgot about that concussion you had."

"i-i'm okay." the little girl mumbled, tightening her grip on stiles' hand. "pinky promise. t-that was ages ago."

"yeah, well, you're fragile." stiles couldn't help but nod at his fathers words. noah turned back around and made his way back towards the group of men. stiles sighed, pulling rory in by her shoulder and leading them to their lesson.

"idioms, analogies, metaphors and similes. all tools the writer uses to tell their story." miss blake was cut short as she stood next to lydia's desk. rory couldn't see from her place in front of stiles, but she huffed nevertheless. "lydia. i wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents."

"you and every guy i've ever dated."

"period bestie." rory hummed, pencil doodling forget-me-nots at the bottom of her page.

"well, that was an idiom, by the way." miss blake sighed. "idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture." she came to stand in front of aurora's desk, eyes blazing onto the oblivious girl and her raven haired lover. stiles' hands fiddled with the ends of aurora's locks as he stared up at the woman they had been in derek's apartment with only days ago. "they're phrases that only make sense if you know key words. saying "jump the gun" is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race." she shook her head, moving forwards. "or a phrase like, "seeing the whole board"."

"like chess." stiles mumbled. rory's heart fluttered at the sound of his gruff voice, hoarse from not speaking in so long.

"that's right, stiles. do you play?"

"oh, no. my father does." he let go of aurora's blonde locks. miss blake smiled down at him as rory looked up. a frown fell on the blonde's face. she didn't like the way that blake was looking at her lover. she was half tempted to poke her foot out and trip the woman up.

in the midst of her thoughts she didn't even realise that miss blake had moved on and continued her lecture about idioms. she only realised as scott and stiles' whispered conversation drew to a close. aurora didn't look, for she was still scared of looking scott in the eye, but she listened to the sound of them moving in their seats, turning towards lydia.

"what now?" the redhead asked.

and that was how lydia ended up in coach's office with aidan. rory, scott and stiles on the other hand were left in the halls with ethan. well, aurora assumed that it was ethan. she had a very hard time telling them apart.

"why are you even talking to me? i helped kill your friend. how do you know i'm not gonna kill another one?"

stiles' grip tightened against aurora's hand. "are you looking at me, or her? are you threatening us?" he stood up straighter, an angry look in his honey eyes. "you know what i'm gonna do? i'm gonna break off an extra large branch of mountain ash, wrap it in wolfsbane, roll it in mistletoe, and shove it up your fucking-" aurora stared wide eyed at her lover, trying desperately to fight the tingling between her legs. she gulped, looking away from the protective boy in fear that she might pounce on him and have him take her then and there.

"stiles, okay. we get it."

"w-what stiles said." rory narrowed her eyes at the werewolf, trying her best to come across as intimidating. stiles nodded, stepping back and wrapping his arm around aurora's shoulders.

scott stepped forwards, "we're talking to you... because i know that you didn't wanna kill boyd. and i think that if something like that happened now, you wouldn't do it again."

"you don't know what we owe them. especially deucalion. we weren't like kali and ennis when we met him. we weren't alphas."

"what were you?"

"puppies." aurora hummed. stiles nodded from besides her, agreeing with the conclusion.

ethan's tone didn't seem as lighthearted as he breathed outwards, his cold eyes staring the three individually. a sharp inhale came before he dropped the metaphorical bomb.

"omegas."

GOY
CHAPTER FOURTY: SACRIFICED

thank you guys for 2k on the bucky book!! ily <3