16. VIRGINS

GOY
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: VIRGINS

"jake?" aurora ran up the stairs as soon as she was through the door

"jake?" aurora ran up the stairs as soon as she was through the door. "jacob are y-you home?"

"hey! no running up the stairs." aurora's mother surfaced from the kitchen, a teatowell in her hand. these days aurora could see that her mother was ageing from the stress of trying to provide for her on her own. her mother's hair was starting to grey at the roots and the skin around her hand was getting looser. she smiled sadly. "he's not home. i thought you were with him?"

"o-oh, yeah. we got separated." she didn't believe her, rory could tell. "well, i-i'm gonna head u-up to bed. love you."

"you too, baby."

she hadn't heard the real three words from her mother in years. not since her dad left. the tiny girl ran upstairs, ignoring her mothers calls of warning this time. she reached her bedroom, pulling the door open and slamming it shut, her back falling against the wooden frame. aurora's chest heaved up and down. i need to exercise more. she thought to herself before lifting herself off of the door and trundling towards her bed.

the little girl fell face first onto her safe place (other than stiles), snuggling her face into the plush covers. a groan almost escaped her little mouth at how comforting it was after a night of stress. of course, she would rather stiles be there too, and for them to be in bed, cuddling and falling asleep. her happy thoughts were interrupted by the sound of her bedroom door being shut. she squeaked in surprise, head snapping towards the boy dressed in black. the bottom of his black jeans were covered in mud and leaves. the small girl's honey eyes traveled up to his chest, where his black t-shirt was ripped slightly. dried blood coated his hands and as she finally reached his face, a trickle of blood fell from the corner of his lips.

"oh my god!" she shuffled quickly, running into her bathroom to collect a wet flannel. the tiny girl had her cousin sit down on her head as she cleaned off his knuckles and nails. "what the h-heck happened?"

"i fought two wolves, rory." jacob laughed, wiping off his mouth. aurora flinched at the smudged blood.

"a-and who's is t-that?"

"some delightful donor of a positive." she rolled her eyes. "hey, its from the hospital, alright? nothing to worry about." aurora nodded quickly. "your boyfriend was there."

"i know. m-melissa called him."

"who?"

"scott's mom."

"she's a mom?" jacob's mouth hung open in shock. "she's hot! i ain't never seen two hot family members. it's always one of em gotta be ugly."

with a creased brow, "what?"

jacob stared up into his cousins chocolate eyes. they were almost a reflection of his own. he smiled toothlessly, "yanno, rory. you're a really good friend."