32. THE LIVING DEAD

GOY
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO: THE LIVING DEAD

GOYCHAPTER THIRTY TWO: THE LIVING DEAD

"two missing." 

of course, stiles and aurora's seemingly perfect weekend  had come to a halt at the hands of violence and the supernatural. the small girl was shivering against the cold, arms crossed around herself. stiles' hoodie was doing its best at keeping her warm, the same went for his pyjama bottoms, but it seemed that only his large hand against her back was a nearby source of heat.

"hang on there... they were both in the car?" noah slowly went over his notes, pen clicking in his aged hands.

"no, dad. they're trying to tell you that it was two separate kidnappings, okay? two doctors, both gone."

"so who's car is this?"

"dr.  hilyard." melissa sighed. "the on-call doctor." aurora looked up at her boyfriend as one of her  dainty hands fell away from her side and towards his jacket, gripping on tightly. the words of kidnapping left a bitter taste in her throat and she wanted nothing more than to be back in stiles' house safe and sound. not to mention the fact that scott was stood right on the other side of stiles. rory could barely look him in the eye anymore, though things were slowly getting better since what happened at the motel. "the ER is the one that never made it in."

"let me just focus on getting your story first, all right?"

"yeah."

"boys, rory, give us a second?" the three nodded before moving away, ignoring the blaring horns around them.

"these are definitely sacrifices, right?" scott mumbled. aurora gripped onto stiles' jacket harder, knuckles turning white.

"yeah, it's the one deaton mentioned. healers."

"what about danny? he threw up mistletoe." scott's hands exaggerated his words. "that's not a coincidence. if he hadn't been with ethan, he probably would've died. and danny's not a healer."

this left stiles speechless. "i..." he looked over scott's shoulder, honey eyes squinting at his father on the phone. meanwhile rory was trying to look anywhere but scott's lingering stare. "can you hear that?" scott's puppy eyes finally looked away from the little girl, turning his vision towards his mother and stiles' father.

"they found a body."

"would you stop passing me notes?" stiles hissed, turning back to rory during their chemistry lesson. the class were awaiting their substitute, miss blake, to start the lesson. the small girl was sat a row behind scott and stiles, after insisting they sit together so they could discuss anything paranormal.

"it's a simple q-question!"

"you already know the answer-"

"all i need you to do is tick yes or no! 's not h-hard!"

the boy with raven hair sighed dramatically, turning back to his desk and grabbing his pen between his fingers. aurora watched as her lover filled in one of the boxes, his viens protruding from his hands and forearms. with a fold of the ripped paper, he handed it back to her.

as miss blake started talking aurora grinned down at the sight of the crossed answer.

would you still love me if i turned into a worm?

yes no

the blonde ran her finger across the paper with a smile. she proceeded to show the boy next to her, who she came to realise she had no idea of who he was. "see that? h-he'd love me if i was a worm." the blonde next to her gave her a skeptical side-eye before averting his eye line back to their teacher.

"let's get started, shall we?"

chemistry was one of her worst suits. alongside maths and physics, aurora was essentially hopeless. she stared down at the words with a look of desperation before trying to see over stiles' shoulder. just as her chocolate eyes fell upon her boyfriend his best friend leaned down, answering a phone call. though she didn't want to look at him, she couldn't help it as his puppy face fell.

"doc? doc? what's happening?" scott was up and out of his chair at the speed of light, ignoring their teacher's call. rory stood up in her seat out of instinct, ever so tempted to follow him out of the room. stiles pulled his own phone out as miss blake tried to chase scott down the halls.

"dad? it's me, something's happened..."

and that was how aurora ended up with lydia and allison for the day. "i need you to stay here, pretty girl. please." stiles stood besides roscoe, keys ready to unlock the door. he crouched down to rory's height, pushing a blonde lock away from her face.

"l-let me come, i-"

"please. for me." how could she ever deny his ember eyes?

"fine." she huffed before placing a chaste kiss against his soft lips. "be careful."

"i will, angel. i love you."

"i love you more."

"rory! come on, i've got somewhere to be!" at the sound of lydia's voice aurora left stiles with one final hug. she caught up with the redhead as she walked through the halls quickly.

"w-why are we going so fast?"

"i told you, i have somewhere to be." of course, somewhere to be was on top of aiden for the day. "so if you'll excuse me..." lydia turned right at coach's office, swinging the door open and leaving aurora with a wave. rory waved back sheepishly before grumbling her way to the library.

she instantly made her way to the fiction section, eyeing the books about werewolves and vampires. she picked up the one that looked most believe, aka the only other book than twilight. a history of the living dead twiddled between her fingers as she moved to find another book. something that could tell her what the hell was going on with her dreams about jacob.

and of course, to her luck, as soon as she sat down with the books, the fire alarm sounded. the blonde didn't even bother checking the books out, just shoving them away in her bag and making her way back through the halls to the fire assembly point. as she moved swiftly between the passing students her eyes set coldly on a pair of heads; a redhead and a brunette. more specifically,

lydia and cora.

GOY
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO: THE LIVING DEAD

i feel like u guys would make the best gc -- bye we should make one

also i made a twitter lol @littlebabyydoll