03. ARMS UP

GOY
CHAPTER THREE: ARMS UP

There was no doubt in Stiles Stilinski's mind that Aurora Smith was the sleepiest little girl in the universe

There was no doubt in Stiles Stilinski's mind that Aurora Smith was the sleepiest little girl in the universe. The two pulled up outside Stiles' house with a squeak, though only one was awake. Stiles let out a rugged breath, his scruffy head falling backwards and turning to his right, looking at the fast asleep angel besides him. She looked so sweet and innocent,
Big eyes shut in a dream as her tiny hands gripped onto her stuffie. The petite girls legs were curled underneath her and her hair blew back into her face with every mellow, even breath. For the hundredth time that day, Stiles smiled to himself. He really didn't know how he became quite so lucky, but he thanked the heathens for it.

After a while of admiring his tiny girlfriend, Stiles hopped out of his side of the Jeep. He walked around as fast as he could, not wanting Aurora to be alone. The tall boy pulled open the squeaky door, coming face to face with the sleeping girl. His large hand reached out, tucking her blonde halo behind her ear.
"Baby," he muttered, stroking the apple of her cheek. "You gotta cling on, okay?"
A small whine came from between her sweet lips, her eyebrows creasing as her eyes fluttered.
"C'mon angel, like a little koala, hmm? Gotta get inside so I can tuck you away and you can snuggle up in my bed." He smiled, watching as the little girl instantly moved closer to him, eyes still closed, opening her arms out. He wrapped them around his shoulders, hoisting her light body out of the car seat. "Good girl."

The sarcastic boy brought the girl up through his door and up the stairs. Occasionally he would stumble lightly, but regain himself. There was no way he was letting little Aurora get hurt. As softly as he could, Stiles set the sleepy girl down on his bed. She clung onto him, whining at the loss of warmth. Stiles pushed Reggie into the little girl's arms, watching as she snuggled up against the stuffed animal.

"Arms up, Rory." The tired girl grumbled, but lifted her arms up reluctantly. Stiles, as quickly as he could, lifted her pretty carebear t-shirt over her head and replaced it with his own Mets T-shirt, which tumbled down her tiny figure and rested near her knees. In the most respectable way possible, he pulled off her pink skirt and frilled socks.

"Daddy?" She mumbled. The scruffy haired boy perked up, looking lovingly into his baby's eyes.

"Yeah baby?" He shuffled closer, face to face with all her insecurities yet everything that he loved so dearly. He brushed her hair away from her eyes, watching as she nuzzled herself so perfectly into his palm.

"Thank you for taking care of me." She grinned lightly and tiredly. His eyes instantly softened and he couldn't help the warming in his heart at her mumbled words.

"It's my job, hmm?" He kissed her forehead. "You're too tiny to take care of yourself."

"I love you, daddy."

"I love you more, angel."

That was one of the things that Stiles Stilinski loved most about his girlfriend. She was so affectionate. So caring. So dependent on him. All he wanted to do was make sure she was safe and warm. Not to mention, she made his heart melt with the simplest of words. The simple "I love you" would occasionally bring a tear to his eye as he wondered how on earth he became lucky enough for the sweet girl beneath him.

Aurora shuffled, moving to make space for her large boyfriend. "Good girl." He praised her, moving in and pulling the blanket over the two. His girlfriend let out a long, pent-up breath before laying her small head against his chest, her cheeks becoming squished.

"g'night daddy."

"Night night babygirl." He smiled lovingly, eyes closing at the thought of the tiny girl beside him. Heart full, head empty and in a warm embrace, the two drifted away into slumber.