13. KIRA

GOY2
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: KIRA

a pair of fragile arms enforced themselves around fluffy fur, pulling the stuffed dog close to her clothed chest

a pair of fragile arms enforced themselves around fluffy fur, pulling the stuffed dog close to her clothed chest. aurora's chin rested daintily atop the bear's head, bee stung lips poured out in confusion, matching the lines of the furrow in her brows. one of her warm cheeks was pressed flush against a blue pillow, courtesy of stiles propping it under her head. she stared at her lover boy, watching him press thumb tacks into his bedroom wall. there was a form laying next to her on the bed, horizontal instead of vertical like herself. lydia had her own chin supported by her hands, eyes narrowing at stiles' makeshift theory board.

"stiles?"

"yeah, baby?"

"what d-do the different coloured strings mean?" the small girl mumbled her question tiredly, the smell of stiles against his pillow filling up her lungs and sending warm waves throughout her entire being.

he glanced back at her, lips twitching upwards. "oh, just different stages of the investigation." he turned back towards his wall, filled to the brim with pictures and documents tacked together, joined up by various pieces of red string. the raven haired boy stepped backwards, pointing his finger up at the cluster. "so green is solved, yellow is to be determined, blue's just pretty."

"what does red mean?" asked lydia.

"unsolved."

"you only have red on the board."

"yes, i'm aware. thank you." he sighed, rolling his eyes. aurora fought back a tired giggle, small hands pawing at the tummy of her stuffed puppy.

"did you get detention for pulling the alarm?"

"yep. everyday this week. it's okay, though. rory said she'd stay with me, right angel?"

"'cept on friday. m gonna have a nap." she hummed, agreeing with her lover's statement.

stiles nodded at the words, honey eyes alight. "we were onto something." he returned to their previous line of conversation, tapping the pen in his fingertips against his lips.

"even though we couldn't find any proof of barrow being there?" the room grew quiet at lydia's words, a dampening feeling blustering like the clouds of a rainy day. stiles turned around, watching as aurora began to sit up in bed, lips curling downwards.

"lyds," the small girl mumbled, one of her hands leaving reggie and falling against the redhead's bicep, rising and falling slightly. "you've been r-right every time something like this has happened." lydia's gaze softly moved from stiles' carpet to the small girl. aurora offered a smile, trying to regain the curl of lydia's lips. "don't start doubting yourself now."