07. ANOTHER WERE-SOMETHING

GOY2
CHAPTER SEVEN: ANOTHER WERE-SOMETHING

aurora and stiles ran as fast as they could

aurora and stiles ran as fast as they could. what with a pair of little legs and another pair of uncoordinated ones, they didn't exactly get far before running into something. and that something ended up being scott, who was panting and out of breath. the werewolf stared with wide eyes as the group gave a simultaneous outcry, surprised by their meeting.

"oh, i-it's scoot!"

"i think we found something." stiles panted, grip harsh on aurora's hand after their tumble.

"so did i."

they retraced their steps, the blonde stumbling over twigs and rocks every few seconds. her brain was a mess... tired from the lack of sleep, tired from the height of her day in the back of the jeep, scared of the dark within the woods, and desperately in need of a nap. stiles led them to a small cave within some rocks, hidden deep within the woods. the trees were thick and branches covered in tussles and leaves. she shivered against the cold, stepping closer to stiles. within the crouching cave were a few dingy items. a jacket, a teddy bear on a ledge, a pile of rubble and sticks and fabrics.

"it's a coyote den." stiles' voice was hoarse. he turned to scott, who's eyes were trained upon the human objects within the room.

"werecyote." the brunette corrected.

"another were-something?" rory groaned, gripping onto stiles' palm harder. said boy snorted sarcastically,

"yeah, what's next, vampires?"

aurora's lips zipped shut, her eyes wondering between the two boys to ensure their reactions. thankfully, they hadn't noticed her odd demeanour.

the raven haired boy reached out towards the blue jacket, covered in dust and rubble. his free hand picked the item up after he passed the torch in his hand over to aurora, who's shaking palms didn't do the best job at keeping it steady. "you see this? this is malia's. remember? it's the same one she was wearing in the photo."

scott reached out towards the dirt covered teddy bear. he looked at it silently, chestnut eyes lingering upon the intricate lines of sewing. "we shouldn't be in here."

"what do you mean?"

"she's not gonna come back now. we just invaded her home."

"t-told you." aurora whispered to stiles, who gave her a not the time stare.

"our scent's gonna be everywhere." a beat. "especially you two. you guys reek of sex."

"stop saying that!"

"if she's not gonna come back here, where's she gonna go?" asked stiles, subconsciously pulling rory a step closer to him. even as he was deep in thought, his first instinct was to make sure that his sweet angel was safe.