12. SHE'S YOUR EVERYTHING

GOY
CHAPTER TWELVE: SHE'S YOUR EVERYTHING

after Isaac had dried himself off with a towel and stiles had disclosed to him what he said right before he woke up, little aurora smith wasn't in the mood to sleep

after Isaac had dried himself off with a towel and stiles had disclosed to him what he said right before he woke up, little aurora smith wasn't in the mood to sleep. her eyes stung and her body wracked quietly at the coffee deaton had made her, but also the troubling image of erica. could she really be dead? in all truth rory had barely any knowledge of her and boyd's disappearance, and this seemed from one extreme to the other. the innocent girl had known death for a long time, far longer than the amount of time she had spent with the pack, but it still never failed to send shivers to her very core.

a warm mug trembled between her fingers and she stared at the moving liquids inside. two hands reached around from behind her and covered her own, steadying the trembles. from behind her, stiles sat with a frown on his face. the situation was too serious not to worry about and the uneasiness of his girlfriend in front of him was heartbreaking. she sat quietly on top of his lap, a small blanket wrapped around her shoulders on top of his flannel. their position reminded him of how they were just hours ago, and he had to bite down the smile. now wasn't the time. a soft kiss landed on top of the girl's blonde halo before stiles resumed talking.

"derek, he said, "there's a dead body. its erica." doesn't exactly leave us much room fr interpretation." he couldn't help but despise the way that his words affected his girlfriend as she shuffled uncomfortably.

"then who was in the vault with boyd?"

"someone else, obviously." Stilinski deadpanned. usually aurora would have giggled as he sassed the daddy wolf, but she seemed quiet as a mouse. as though she wasn't really there.

"and maybe it was the girl on the motorcycle. the one who saved you?" scott suggested quietly to isaac.

"w-what girl?" the words that left rory's mouth were quiet, and if the others in the room didn't have supernatural abilities only stiles would have heard her.

"I told you, baby. don't you remember?" stiles asked softly, brows furrowing further. slowly, his girlfriend turned to him. she looked completely worn out. the innocent twinkle in her eyes had worn out. rory was forgetful at the best of times, so it was no wonder she was in a confused state as of right now. she shook her head silently. "that's okay," he mumbled as the conversation between the werewolves continued. "i'll tell you all about it on the way home, yeah?"

there came no answer from the four eleven girl. she turned back around, staring at the blank wall that derek paced in front of. could she really go back home ad sleep after all this. should she tell jacob? would there even be any way of him helping? feeling stiles' hands on top of her own were the only comforting factor to the whole situation.

"we get them out tonight." Derek insisted as the little girl finally woke up from her daydream.

"be smart about this, derek. you can't just go storming in." said deaton.