[R] God In Disguise (Wilbur-centric)

(A/N: request as a pic. uhh first of all I'd like to ask where are all of these new followers coming from?? don't mind tho aha welcome :D hope you'll continue reading and enjoying my fics!! anyways blood god tommy here we go. also this is not in tommy's perspective because,,,, idea reasons aha sorry!!)

Wilbur was fully prepared to die.

He had everything planned out too. He was prepared to end his story with a bang, both literally and metaphorically. He had set up the parallels between him and Eret, his moves all calculated and planned perfectly. If he was to die, he wanted to have a good story, and he would get his good story ending.

"There was a saying, Phil," Wilbur said his last lines lightly, hand reaching out to press the button. Phil didn't try to tug him away, and he was glad for that. "It was never meant to be!"

But just before he pressed the button, he stopped again when he heard another familiar voice.

"Don't you dare."

Wilbur whipped around to see Tommy leaning against the doorway of the cave. There were new, ashy marks on his cheeks and his clothes, but he looked unbothered by them.

"Tommy?" Wilbur asked in disbelief. Phil was also staring at him in confusion. "Wh- I wasn't-"

"Do you really want to do this, Will?" Tommy asked, stepping forwards. Mysteriously, Phil stepped away to let him through. "Are you sure? Are you really sure?"

All of his plans were falling apart. Tommy wasn't supposed to be here. He was supposed to be outside with Tubbo and Techno and all of the others. Wilbur wanted to press the button, but found himself frozen in place. His whole body felt numb. His arms fell to his side limply.

"You don't have to die, Wilbur," Tommy said, removing the button, and quickly picking him up like a baby. Wilbur squawked, and tried to wriggle out, but Tommy's grip wouldn't budge.

"You weren't supposed to intervene," Phil said, his tone disapproving. "I didn't like it either, but I didn't stop it."

"Just because you have to do your job doesn't mean you should just let him die!" Tommy hissed at Phil.

Phil frowned, but didn't make a move to stop Tommy from carrying Wilbur away through a hole he had mined out from the wall. "The others won't be happy."

"The others can go fuck off for all I care," Tommy said impatiently. "Now help me hold Will, I have to go deal with some other bitches."

With those words spoken, Wilbur felt himself being passed from Tommy to Phil like some sort of pet, but since he still felt numb, he could only watch as Tommy strolled through the hole. As he did so, Wilbur couldn't help but notice, for the first time, that there was something... different about Tommy.

"Techno!" Tommy shouted. "Stop!"

Wilbur let out a bark of slightly hysterical laughter as Tommy dared to tell Techno to stop when he was in his Rage mode. He didn't bother to say anything more.

Techno turned to stare at Tommy with wide, red eyes. A low growl made its way out of his mouth. "Who are you to tell me to stop?"

"Oh, for the love of-" with a loud sigh, Wilbur watched in disbelief as Tommy snapped his fingers, and Techno seemed to freeze up, before his shoulders slumped down. "You alright now, Techno?"

"I'm good," Techno sighed. Everyone else watching the scene seemed to be just as stunned as Wilbur. Tommy's posture seemed to soften.

"That's great. Can you call off your withers?"

Techno did just that, just as Dream came strolling through. "Well, I didn't expect it to turn out like this," he said lightly, though there was an undertone of something dangerous in his words.

"Watch your fucking words, Dream," Tommy didn't mince his words, stepping forwards until he was face to face with Dream. "Or have you forgotten how to recognise gods after you ditched your home?"

Dream stiffened, and took a step back. From behind, Techno's mouth quirked up into a smile, even as he ushered everyone else further away.

In a quick movement, Dream stumbled back even further, while Tommy sheathed his sword, the same sword that had made a gash through Dream's abdomen.

"Blood for the blood god, bitch," Tommy said, a grin on his face. His eyes seemed to light up in a bright red.

Silence overtook the area as Tommy breathed in quietly.

"I will deal with you further soon enough," Tommy told Dream in that eerie calmness he had spoken in before. "My family matters first."

And with those words, he spun around and walked towards where Techno had taken everyone else to.

Now that Tommy was further away, Wilbur felt like he could move again. The first thing he did was to look up at Phil.

"What the fuck was that?" he questioned, mind still reeling from everything that had just happened. "Philza Minecraft, what the fuck just happened?"

Phil only sighed. "It's a long story, mate."

Wilbur looked at the scene before him. "I think we have all the time in the world. Now, start from the beginning, please."