[R] Heat Rest (Sam-centric)

(A/N: request as a pic! cw for abo, i guess? but yeah, anyways platonic abo my beloved-)

It's an ordinary day. Sam is the Warden of Pandora's Vault, and he has a duty to fulfil.

Sure, he feels a lot more tired than usual, and his movements are more languid and slow, but if Dream ever breaks out now, Sam's confident he'll be able to muster up enough energy to fight back and contain him with heavier restraints again.

Still, it's a surprise when Puffy stops in her steps, and marches up to him when she had previously just been passing by. Sam blinks at her as she glares at him, and for the first time, feels a little lost.

"Sam," she says, looking worried and angry at the same time. "Why are you still- you're in heat, you're supposed to be resting up!"

Sam blinks.

He is?

"Yes, you are," Puffy says, sounding much more exasperated now. He must've said that aloud, then. "Sam, can't you smell it? You're practically reeking."

Sam sniffs the air and, oh yeah, his gunpowder scent is stronger than he remembers it being. The only times his scent ever gets out of control are when he's feeling particularly strong emotions, or when he's in... heat.

Huh, no wonder he had been so tired when he woke up. At least he finally has an explanation for it.

Still, he's the Warden, and he needs to take care in making sure his prisoner won't escape. He has a duty to do and keep, and nothing like heats will stop him from doing his job. It's for the safety of the SMP, after all.

"I can smell it now," Sam replies, not moving an inch from his place. "Look, Puffy, I'll be fine. Just- there's a pack of suppressants under my bed, if you go get it for me I'll be able to continue-"

"Sam," Puffy interrupts him. "That's handy-dandy and all, but tell me the truth. When was the last time you went through your full heat?"

At that question, Sam has to actually think about it. He keeps track of when he uses his suppressants, but the last time he actually let himself off of them was when...

"The... Manburg Festival..." he says slowly, wincing at the look Puffy shoots him.

"Sam."

"I'm sure one more time will be fine," Sam insists.

"Sam Awesamdude."

Oh, she's pulling out the full names now. Still, Sam has a job, and he won't stray for it. He doesn't budge. Puffy stares him down, before sighing.

"Stay here," she tells him. "I'm going to get someone."

With those words, she strides away, and Sam shrugs. He has already been planning to stay here anyways.

He patrols the prison grounds for a while, before eventually returning to his original position. He may be feeling sluggish, and he might also be in his heat, but that isn't excuse for not doing his job.

It is, however, probably a good excuse when he doesn't notice someone tackling him, or Puffy carrying him up to her shoulder. Sam flails for a bit, though he slumps when he realises that he can't really get out of this situation.

That, and Tommy is walking alongside Puffy, and glaring at him.

"Puffy!" he hisses, and he's pretty sure his face is completely red.

"Sam," she says back. Sam feels a tug on his armour, and glances down to meet Tommy's wide, blue eyes.

"Get some rest!" he scowls, and Sam's heart softens. "You can't- you won't be strong if you don't rest up."

"I'll be fine, Tommy," he still insists, despite still being carried off to what seems like his own house by Puffy. "I was fine."

"He's lying, Tommy," Puffy cuts in, like the traitor she is. They've arrived at his house now, and Sam lets out a small yelp as he's tossed onto a nest of the softest pillows and blankets he has in his house. He hears footsteps, and glances up just in time to see Tubbo setting down a plate of food nearby before Tommy tosses himself onto his chest.

"You gotta rest," Tommy demands, and wastes no time tugging a blanket over them and settling into a more comfortable position on his chest.

Usually, other omegas would feel angry at people barging into their nests without permission. For Sam, it's hard to stay angry when Tommy and Tubbo are allowed in his nests at any time, and they're just pups.

He feels someone settle next to him, and lets Tubbo curl into his body. Already, he can feel Tommy slacking. The two must've been sleepier than he thought they were. He glances up at the sound of shuffling, and glares at Puffy, who glares back.

"Rest," Puffy snaps at him firmly, and usually Sam would try to argue against her further, but his exhaustion and the fact that he has a sleeping Tommy on his chest stops him.

"Fine," he grumbles, still unwilling to admit how comfortable he's actually feeling. He scrunches up his nose at the content scent that feels the room, one that gets Tommy to let out a sigh and Tubbo to curl up nearer to him.

Puffy shoots him a smug look. Sam glares back tiredly.

"Rest," she repeats, gentler this time, and with nowhere to run, Sam sighs, closes his eyes, and lets his dreams whisk him away.