[R] Swearing (Techno & Tommy)

(A/N: request as a pic. uh, general warning for ooc!techno? for the whole swearing thing.
also fyi im closing requests now! any requests sent after this chapter will be ignored!)

There were many facts of life on the Dream SMP.

The sky was blue. The grass was green. And TommyInnit swore like a sailor.

Sure, other members of the server swore, some more so than the others. But it was generally agreed that none of them could really compare to Tommy's level of swearing. It was like if he didn't swear, he'd die.

...okay, maybe that was a bit exaggerated. But what was true was that Tommy swore more than anyone else on the server. But like all things, swearing was learnt. Tommy had to have been taught by someone how to swear, or at least what swear words were, before he used them.

So who else could've taught him how to swear, other than Wilbur?

After all, while Tubbo certainly did swear, he was only a little bit older than Tommy, which made the idea of him teaching Tommy how to swear... not all that believable. Plus, Wilbur was the only other person around who could've done it; it was pretty well-known that it had been the musician who had raised Tommy and Tubbo, after all. Nobody on the server had heard anything about any other family members before, so it was pretty safe to say that it was only them and Fundy as a family, wasn't it?

Plus, whenever he was questioned about it, Wilbur got a weird look in his eyes and smiled even more weirdly, not answering the question. Which, in itself, was basically an answer.

Of course, just because someone taught another how to swear, it didn't necessarily mean that they had to swear this much, but despite Bad's futile attempts to get Tommy to stop, Tommy only swore more and more. Still, Wilbur was the only option, and so that was what most people believed.

So life went on. The sky was blue, the grass was green, and TommyInnit learned how to swear like a sailor from Wilbur Soot.

That was, until Technoblade arrived.

It was shocking from the get-go, mainly because nobody had actually expected Wilbur and the others to have any family under than themselves. And yet, when someone watched them around each other, watched how they interacted... it was obvious that they were family, in all the ways that really mattered. Even if Technoblade kept insisting that he was only their father's friend,

It was on a calm day that people first learnt of the truth behind Tommy's swearing.

Tommy had been walking with Technoblade across the Prime Path. Dream, seeing them pass by, decided to join in, to tease Tommy for a bit, maybe wheedle a spar or two out of Technoblade, and generally try to hang out with both of them more often.

There were a few others around the Prime Path as they continued walking.

Then, all of a sudden, Technoblade seemed to stop in place, standing eerily still. Then, letting out a quiet breath, he said, "Well, looks like the voices will be gone for a while."

Dream, like most others, was confused by that statement. Tommy, however, showed no change in his expression, other than a widening grin.

Then, to everyone around Technoblade's shock, he began swearing. Heavily.

TommyInnit's swearing paled in comparison to the absolute truckload of cussing Technoblade was currently unloading. He was speaking his sentences as usual, but now there was basically a swear between every word.

It was jarring, the difference between the Technoblade they had seen earlier, and the Technoblade now, whose voices (?) were currently gone (?).

Eventually, Technoblade froze in place again, and sighed. Then, he continued from where he left off, thankfully with a lack of swear words. It was still pretty jarring, especially after that volley of curses he had been unleashing every other word.

Dream shot a look at the others he could see lurking nearby, as if to say, "Are you guys seeing this shit too?"

The others reciprocated that look, because genuinely, what the hell?

Well, everyone but Tommy, who was too busy chatting with Technoblade as if that was just a regular occurrence. Like Technoblade simply swearing a bunch before stopping was something that happened daily, something that was a routine.

Which, to those who'd grown up with Technoblade, it was, but the other members of the Dream SMP didn't need to know that just yet.

Later, Wilbur would be bombarded with questions over Technoblade swearing, and he would confess that Technoblade was the one who had taught Tommy to swear, and whenever 'the voices' were gone, he would take the chance to swear as much as possible; the reason why he seemed to never swore was because he didn't want to be 'demonetised', whatever that meant.

Later, there would be more hilarious scenarios where people came across Technoblade swearing. Later, there would be questions.

Right now, though, Technoblade was content to stew in the confusion he had caused, and Tommy was simply thrilled at spending time with him.