[R] Hey Sorry Can't Do This Today (Dream & Ranboo)

(A/N: request as a pic. also I might not have stated it here but I'm currently not taking requests! once I've done 15 requests I'll start accepting them again!! and I say requests not chapters because I have an idea for a chapter that I really wanna write aha.)

"Don't you get it?!" Ranboo screamed at Dream, amidst the chaos surrounding the two. "This was never about peace! Everything you've done, every single thing you've taken and ruined — none of it was for peace! Stop trying to lie to yourself, and admit that all you ever wanted was control!"

"Well, you're one to talk about control," Dream snorts, crossing his arms, looking deceptively calm despite his missing mask. "In fact, I'd say you're being really hypocritical right now, Ranboo."

"No, no, no- you cannot do this to me again!" Ranboo snapped, taking a step forwards, fists trembling. "I know what you're trying to pull, and I won't let you do this to me again. I'm better than you think I am, Dream."

"Are you?" Dream simply raised an eyebrow. "Are you really? Because if I'm looking at this correctly, we're both just two sides of the same coin. We both want neutrality, we both want peace, we're the same. We want the same things."

"Yes, well, unlike you," Ranboo spat. "I'm not being cruel to get it. I'm not destroying everyone around me in a sick attempt to try and fix things. I don't throw away all my attachments and pretend to be a god. I'm nothing like you."

"But I'm better," Dream giggled, an innocent sound for such a malicious man to make. "Because unlike you, Ranboo, I accept it. I don't try to lie to myself with pretty, painted, red-tinted glasses. I don't try to pretend like I'm on anyone's side, and I don't pick sides. That's already more than what you can say for yourself! I mean, look at you. Don't you see? You're selfish. You're choosing what's right for yourself and you're covering it up by..."

Dream trailed off when he realised that Ranboo had little tears in his eyes, tears that he was hastily blinking away. He knew the cameras wouldn't capture Ranboo's expression, but that still didn't stop him from feeling bad. Because of course Ranboo would be tearing up, the dialogue was way too close to home for either of their own good. Dream would have to change it up a little later, or at the very least record a bunch of parts separately and give the editing crew a raise for dealing with everything.

Dream looked left and right. He saw a bunch of cast members mouthing his lines at him, but he could honestly care less at the moment.

"I can't do this right now, sorry," Dream apologised, already sliding off the prop-rubble to hug Ranboo, who didn't even push him away. "Sorry, I can't be mean to him right now."

Everyone else both on the set and behind the cameras all shared a knowing look as the two brothers hugged, slowly sliding until they were a pile on the floor. Nobody made a move to chew them out or push them away, because they all knew how it feels whenever there was a harsh scene to record, such as this one.

"Of course he'd do that," Dream heard Techno huff amusedly, as if he never stopped scenes midway through whenever he saw Tommy or Tubbo having a hard time.

"You're one to talk, Techno," someone else whispered playfully to Techno, but Dream didn't hear anymore, because he was already falling asleep, the exhaustion from the whole day getting to him.

Slowly, one by one, the other cast members started leaving the set. Crew members cleaned up the props and prepared the next set for a later recording. Some of the cast members began talking with each other, while others went out to get a quick bite or have a little fun before they had to start recording again.

"Should we like... ask them to get off or something...?" someone asked awkwardly. Phil looked at the sleeping duo, curled up with each other, and shook his head with a fond smile.

"Let them be," he said easily, already following in the direction of Tommy and Tubbo's yelling. "We can always do a retake tomorrow."

All the while, Ranboo and Dream slept.