[R] Waterfall Memories (Fundy-centric)

(A/N: req as a pic. mhhh quite a lot of OCs here but theyre not that important so yeah :3)

"-don't give a fuck about anything actually, the only thing I care about-"

"-a war. This is Doomsday."

Fundy's eyes snapped open. For a moment, he simply laid on his bed, staring at his ceiling, listening to the steady tick-tock of his wall clock. Eventually, though, his eyes strayed to the clock, and after a quick calculation of the time, slowly sat up and stretched, letting out a quiet sigh.

These sorts of dreams weren't unusual for him. Maybe to others, but he'd been having these dreams ever since he was a child. It didn't take long for him to come to the conclusion that he must've been reincarnated.

Was that a rather weird conclusion to come to? Yes. But it was the only one that made sense, and Fundy didn't want to worry his mother any more about it. His poor mother had nearly taken him to be checked out by a psychiatrist when he was five; he didn't need her to do the same thing to him when he was now thirteen.

He quickly got changed, ate his breakfast while chatting with his mother, before quickly running out with his bag slung over his shoulder when he heard the bus stop by his house.

"Hey, Fundy!" one of his friends, Astra, called out to him with a bright smile as he rushed to sit down at the far back of the bus. His other friends, Jarrick and Lido, greeted him, albeit with much less exuberance as Astra.

"Hi, did we have any homework," Fundy quickly shot out, sighing loudly in relief when everyone else shook his head. "Good, because I really couldn't do anything yesterday."

"What, got distracted by your dreams again?"

"Shut up," Fundy groaned. "And I've told you already, they're not just dreams."

"We know, but it's still hard to believe," Lido responded sympathetically. Fundy knew they thought he was just joking about all of this, so he merely sighed and drifted away, slowly becoming a bystander in the conversation as Astra and Jarrick argued over the best kind of jam.

Sometimes, he did kind of want to know what kind of life he had previously lived. Sure, there were a lot of bad scenes, and more often than not, Fundy woke up in a sweat, gasping and with tears trailing down his eyes. Past him really didn't have a good life, that was for sure. The scenes about the man in green, the explosions, the goat man, and the father proved that fact enough.

But... there were also memories of happier times. Of a mother with long red hair, and the father with a kind smile. Of starting a nation, fighting for its freedom and independence, and winning it. There were memories of fighting with citizens of the nation, always supporting each other, always at each other's sides when needed.

It seemed like a home. Something like what he, Astra, Jarrick and Lido might've had, in another time, in another world.

"-undy!"

"Huh?" Fundy startled awake. The bus was still moving, but Lido was glancing at him in concern, as both Jarrick and Astra had their hands on his shoulders.

"You were muttering again," Astra told him. "Like... I think I heard something like Rainbow? And Dream? You said the word 'Dad' a lot, too."

"Ah," that was another thing. For some reason, he had a tendency to murmur different words under his breath whenever he was sleeping. "It's fine, you've known me long enough by now."

"Who are they, though?"

"I don't know," Fundy replied. "I've told you before. It's not like I can control what comes out of my mouth."

"Well, yeah, but still, that's a little weird," Jarrick wrinkled his nose. "Are you sure you don't wanna, like, get your head checked out?"

Not for the first time, Fundy had to roll his eyes at that question. "Yes, I'm sure. I've told you this for like, what? Sixteen times now?"

"Just checkin'," Jarrick shrugged.

As they quickly moved onto another topic and started talking, Fundy glanced out the window again. He did like the memories of his past life. They had suffering, but they also had happiness, and Fundy... Fundy wanted to remember the people who had used to make him happy. He wanted to remember them in some physical way or shape.

Maybe he wouldn't ever remember them, but still, he'd like to keep their memory alive.

"Come on, Fundy, we're gonna be late for class if you don't get down the goddamn bus!"

"Coming!"