[R] We Went Surfing (Techno & Tommy)

(A/N: request as a pic. uh... based on the technodad chapter. they r filming a vlog :3
no i don't know how surfing works)

"We are at this beach!" Tommy shouted into the camera, gesturing to the sea behind them. While Techno knew that crowds and people were inevitable when it came to filming vlogs — especially at such a public place — he still couldn't help but feel nervous as the few people around the most secluded place in the whole beach that they could find shot looks at them.

But, well, he did promise.

"And not only are we at the beach," Tommy continued, making a motion that told him to pass the camera to him, which Techno did. "But we are here with the Blade, who's gonna teach us how to surf!"

"I did not agree to this," Techno deadpanned, staring into the camera now pointed at him as he stood still. His face would be blurred out from the vlogs, since he hadn't done a face reveal yet. He trusted in Tommy's editors' abilities to keep all of them frames with his face covered as much as possible. To add to his privacy, he had also worn a sun hat and a mask, and a full body swimsuit. "Tommy, I have no idea how to surf."

Tommy blinked at him. "...you don't?"

Techno snorted. "No, I was just joking. You- you've literally seen me surfing."

"Dad, I was just trying to confirm it!" Tommy whined, before turning back to the camera and firmly putting on his persona. As Tommy chattered to his heart's content, Techno got started on finding a good place to place their things — preferably a place that would have good shade.

The sunlight beat down on them, the heat still not as hot as it was soon going to be.

Techno grimaced, pulling out the sunscreen. Time to get the worst part over with.

"Just do some tricks!" Tommy said, practically bouncing on his two feet as they stood on the shore.

Techno had brought out his surfboard for this occasion, and bought Tommy a smaller red surfboard for when he inevitably had to try out surfing for himself. Right now, the plan was that Techno would perform a few tricks and surf for a while for the vlog, before filming a few bits of him teaching Tommy how to surf, and then Tommy himself finally going out and surfing.

Techno merely hummed in response to that. The waves were too low to do any of the cooler tricks, but he could get in at least a few flips in there.

"Fine," he pretended like it was a bothersome thing to do, though Tommy's exuberant joy was growing on him.

"Don't run off now," Techno warned. They made sure the camera was recording everything, before Techno turned back to the sea, and hefted himself on his surfboard.

At the very least, this would get him so much internet clout.

"Be more careful next time!" Techno hissed at Tommy, dragging him out of the sea and plopping him down a few steps away from the shore, and set down Tommy's surfboard next to him.

Tommy only groaned. "But it was funny..."

Techno wasn't sure how to vocalise how terrified he'd been, watching Tommy fall off of his surfboard and into the sea. While it was guaranteed that there would be no sharks anywhere near where they were filming, and there were lifeguards around, it still didn't stop the sheer terror that made him jump into the sea himself and fish Tommy and — belatedly — his surfboard out.

"Just," Techno sighed. "Be more careful next time."

"Alright, Dad," Tommy pouted, before he decided to stop sitting up and fell onto his back. "Ugh, holy shit! That was so cool though! Did you see me?!"

"I mean, I saw you fall off-" Techno teased, the terror slowly ebbing away now that Tommy was safe.

"Oi! You know that's not what I meant!"

"I got ice cream," Techno said, coming to sit next to Tommy, who was laying at the same spot he'd left him at earlier.

"You're going to get sunburned if you stay there for too long," he pointed out dryly. "You would look so stupid."

"Fuck off, jerk," Tommy groaned, but he still wiggled over to rest under the shade. "...can I have my ice cream now?"

"Sit up properly first," Techno sighed, but passed the ice cream over when Tommy dragged himself up and sat properly.

The camera was turned off as they ate their ice cream. Tommy chattered quietly about what they could do and film next, in between bites of ice cream — yes, bites — and idly playing with the sand.

"That was fun," Tommy chirped, as they got into the car. The sun was already starting to set; they'd have to get takeout today. "Did you enjoy it too, Dad?"

Techno hummed, starting up the car. While he did not want to repeat this experience and the sheer tiredness it brought him for a long time ever again, he couldn't deny

Besides, it was always nice to spend time with Tommy, no matter how annoying he could get at times.

"Yeah," a small smile quirked up on his face. "I guess I did."