🌱 The Little Things (Tubbo-centric)

(A/N: when tired after finishing a 5k word chapter, jump into elsewhere university au. might take a break again asjkjas,,, will inform you if i do, as always
anyways go loop lovejoy's new album are you alright? and support them :3)

You like to think of yourself as quite perspective.

No, that's not quite right. Perspective isn't the right word. Neither is observant. For all that people might think you as bad at English because of your dyslexia, you're actually quite good at it. Still, the word isn't coming to mind.

You frown. Have you traded away your knowledge of a word by accident? It's just at the tip of your tongue, you can almost say it aloud... but it doesn't come out, because you don't know what you're supposed to be saying. It just makes you look more of an idiot.

Shrugging, you move on and stand up from your desk when the bell rings. You have not taken out any of your things from the very beginning of the class. The bell rings twice.

You take a turn to the left instead of going to the right. It will be a longer walk to your next class from the pathway instead of the staircase, but you've taken a glimpse at what's on the right, and the rose petals littering the floor is enough of a deterrent to warn you away.

"I'm making a new band," Soot tells you, when you spot him on the pathway. His eyes stare at you, wide and eager.

The iron braided into your hair gleams.

"That's great!" you say, genuinely. "When will your first performance be?"

"At the courtyard," Soot hums. "I've gotten permission to play there."

A trade, then.

"Sweet! Can you save a front seat for me, Ranboo and Innit?"

"I don't know, what's it in for me?"

"We'll listen to your music without leaving," you joke, but you unclip one of the many iron earrings you wear, and hand it over to him. Soot smiles at you, and nods.

"I'll save you a seat," he says, satisfied. "I have to go now. Practice and all, y'know?"

Soot has a class in a few minutes. Soot won't hurt you. You're part of the same dorm, after all, and dorm groups stick together.

"Sure! Bye, Soot!"

Soot leaves. You continue walking along the pathway, side-stepping a crack in the pavement.

You see Eret talking to Puffy and someone else as you walk along. Said someone else turns to stare at you, and you tilt your head at the shine that seems to surround them.

"Oh, hello Tubbo!" Eret greets you. She's dressed in a long-sleeved pirate shirt and a long brown dress. You can see the pink flower in her hair, signifying her pronouns for the day.

"Hi, Eret!" you greet back. "Hello, Puffy! Hello, stranger!"

"You may call me Foolish," the stranger — Foolish, you now know — introduces. "It's nice to... meet you, Tubbo, is it?"

"Yeah, you can call me Tubbo."

The bell chimes once. You start walking again.

"It was nice meeting you, but I have a class to head to. Until we meet again, Foolish! Goodbye, Puffy, Eret!"

You receive back your goodbyes. You quicken your pace.

The bell rings twice as you slide into your seat, at the back of the hall. There's a girl sitting three seats away from you. Neither of you make eye contact. You stand up, and move one row down. There's nobody sitting at this row.

The professor starts speaking. He has blue hair today. His glasses are evidently crooked.

The iron braided into your hair gleams.

You take out your notebook, and start making notes. You make sure to not take our any of your blue stationery, and you make sure all lines you draw are not straight.

In the afternoon, when you get to have a three hour break from your classes, you meet up with Ranboo and Innit, and together, you head off to the bakery next to campus.

The doorbell chimes as you push open the door. You take your usual seat, at the chair furthest to the counter at the fourth table. Ranboo and Innit sit beside you.

You all chatter. They're your friends, as strange as that sounds, and you do like listening to their days. You hope Ranboo is settling into his dorm group well.

All of you are careful not to reveal too much, while not revealing too little at the same time. There's a group of girls sitting at the table next to yours, after all. You talk about your pathway meetings, and accentuate the part about Soot's concert.

And maybe you talk some more about the little details you've noticed throughout your walk, too. Maybe you do.

"How do you notice so much?" Ranboo asks. Innit groans as you smile; you know he's heard your 'excuse' more often than not, but you're not just going to give up all your secrets that easily.

"What can I say?" you shrug. You pour more sugar into the hot chocolate that has appeared in front of you, swirling them with an iron spoon. You don't touch it with your bare hands. "It's just the little things."