[R] (📎) Goddess_Mysterio_04's 2 (Tommy-centric)

(A/N: request as a pic. damn it's been long since I wrote for this series lmao had to reread everything ANYWAYS have this :D
also the twins one is technically a continuation of a switcheroo gone wrong, I guess?)

Revelation

"Mom? I'm here!" Fundy called, walking into the house.

It had been long since he was able to visit his mother. In fact, Fundy had been wanting to hold it off until Mother's Day; not out of any particular reason, more so that it just felt right.

But his father's death had complicated things; a messy accident at work, his mother had told him over the phone tearfully. The entire laboratory had been ripped and blasted to pieces, research papers with smudged writing that was downright indecipherable, crystals growing all over the facility...

All in all, it was a big mystery, one that had caught the attention of governments. And it certainly didn't help that the only decipherable words that were in the facility was a name: Dr. Heins Langenberg. Fundy's father's name.

So, he had returned home early, in order to support his mother through everything. From the looks of it, though, his mother was absent from the house.

As he stepped in, Fundy only grew more unnerved. For one, it was eerily silent; his mother liked to leave the television on for 'background noise', and to scare off any robbers that might try to get a chance at robbing from their house.

Whether it be from instinct or simply idle curiosity, Fundy walked to the dining room.

"Mom? I-"

Fundy froze at the doorway to his dining room. Because right there, there was blood splattered everywhere, with a very familiar person leaning over a body- oh god, that was his mother-

His vision blurred. He heard cursing from a very familiar voice, effectively shutting down any doubts Fundy had about his mother's murderer's identity.

"Don't move," the voice said, and Fundy had to obey. "Calm down. Let your vision clear."

When his vision cleared, Fundy was able to see Tommy standing up, wiping his mouth with his hand, leaving blood behind. Ah apologetic smile spread across his face, as Fundy took a step back in horror. Or, well, tried to, but he couldn't.

"Sorry you had to see that, Fundy," Tommy apologised, like he hadn't just torn Fundy's mother into pieces right in front of his own eyes, like Fundy's reality hadn't just shattered right in front of him.

"To be honest, I thought Tubbo would be the first to find out," Tommy continued, sounding — dare he say it? — amused. Fundy was still frozen in place; quite literally, actually, with crystals entwining themselves around his feet and crawling up his legs, hard enough that his attempts at removing his legs and running away were futile. "Wilbur's gonna be mad that it was you first, though; he bet on Tubbo, like me."

Fuck, Wilbur was in... whatever this was too?!

And despite himself, despite his desperate attempts at convincing himself as Tommy seemed to move around the house while he was still stuck there, Fundy was almost 100% convinced that the whole of Sleepy Boys were in this too.

Fuck.

A Switcheroo's Aftermath

"You guys were really stupid," Tubbo stated, nothing but sincerity in his voice. Tommy nodded along.

"Fuck you," Wilbur replied, despairing in a way that made Tommy cackle.

In all honesty, he hadn't expected the inevitable reveal to go so well. Tommy had been so prepared for them to get angry at him and Tubbo for leading them on, for talking in conversations that had no right of being known by the other, for just stringing them along in a lie they had carefully cultivated and encouraged throughout the years.

And, well, they did get angry. But even after all that, things had ended up pretty fine, and Tommy would be lying if he said that he wasn't feeling a deeply rooted relief right now.

"Did you really wear wigs?"

"Yeah," Tubbo shrugged. "What else were we supposed to do? I mean, other than dyeing our hair, but that's just... we wouldn't have been able to justify it."

"Appearances aside," Techno cut in. "How did you know you were even twins? Weren't you, like, four?"

"Three," Tommy corrected, just because he could. Then, he added, "And we recognised each other, because we were smart babies. Unlike you guys, obviously, but whatever."

"We remembered each other," Tubbo continued. "But we forgot to tell you when we were younger, because we didn't know that you didn't know we were twins until we were older, and then we just decided to play a prank on you."

Privately, Tommy thought Tubbo's explanation made no sense, but everyone was nodding like it did, so Tommy nodded along too.

There were a few more questions that they answered, and at some point the Dream Team had gone from standing outside to actually coming into the home itself, and the vacation home was nearly destroyed by a certain someone, but overall, nobody really got angry, and Tubbo and Tommy could continue their pranking, albeit much less successfully since now six people knew about their prank, but whatever.

Much later, when everyone had left the vacation home, Tubbo and Tommy looked at each other.

"Switch tomorrow?" Tubbo asked.

"Switch tomorrow," Tommy confirmed, and they grinned at each other.