[R] Just Golem Things (Tommy & Tubbo & Ranboo)

(A/N: request as a pic. okay well technically not really ape-shit, just,,,, just very protective!! with flowers!!
can you tell i yearn for benchtrio comfort-)

"Tommy?" Tubbo called as he opened the door, only to blink when a bouquet of yellow and green flowers were shoved in front of his face.

The other only grunted, red dusting his cheeks, but he didn't say anything. Hesitantly, Tubbo took the bouquet.

"Uh, thanks!" he beamed. The bouquet did actually look nice; it was wrapped in a black and yellow striped ribbon, and said ribbon was also tied in multiple delicate and intricate knots. "This is really nice, Tommy."

Tommy smiled at him, a little hesitantly, as his eyes wandered around.

"Are you looking for Ranboo?" Tubbo asked, and was pleasantly surprised when Tommy nodded. "Well, he's in the kitchen with Michael; you can come in, you look like you're getting cold out there!"

He invited Tommy in and shut the door before following the other, who was walking to the kitchen. Tubbo smiled fondly at the sight of Ranboo playing with Michael, moving his spoon like an airplane to feed the giggling toddler.

Tommy made a harsh noise, and Tubbo did have to stifle a laugh when, as Ranboo looked up, Tommy shoved another bouquet in his face, this one made of black and white flowers, tied with a simple but no less detailed ribbon. A lone allium stood stark against the monochrome colours.

Ranboo moved back a little, just to free his head, and spoke, "I- Is this for me?"

Tommy grunted, nodded, and pushed it closer. Gently, Ranboo took it, staring at each of the flowers — but especially focusing on the allium — with emotion behind his eyes. Tubbo chose not to comment on it, and fully strode in with his own bouquet, just as Tommy placed a yellow flower crown on Michael's head.

"This is... I like this a lot," Ranboo said softly. Beside him, Michael had taken the flower crown off, and was delightedly playing with the apparent gold thread binding all of the flowers together. "Thank you, Tommy."

Tommy visibly preened. It was kind of a cute sight.

"What's got you in such a mood today, huh?" Tubbo asks, a little concern in his voice. It had been long since he'd seen Tommy go into his... well, 'Golem State'. "Did something happen?"

Tommy's expression darkened, and he grunted again. This time, the frustration behind his grunt was evident, and Tubbo winced,

"Was it a bad day?" Tubbo asked. Ranboo and Michael were watching them in curiosity.

Tommy made a small, distressed noise, and muttered out, "Protect."

"Protect?" Tubbo echoed.

Tommy nodded, firmly speaking, "Protect. You all."

"Protect you... oh!" Tubbo gasped. "Oh, you wanna protect me and Boo and Michael?"

Tommy nodded, his facial expression relaxing a little now that he knew Tubbo had gotten his point. "Mhm. Protect you."

"Aww," Tubbo would be lying if he said that he wasn't touched. "I'm glad, big man. But me and Ranboo are both safe, and so is Michael, so there's no need to worry."

Still, Tommy didn't look particularly convinced by that. "No."

"Alright, uh," Tubbo thought about it. "How about we have a sleepover tonight, hmm? Then you'll be able to protect us, and make sure we're safe. How about that?"

At that suggestion, Tommy brightened up, nodding with a smile. "Me, you, Boo, 'Chael. Gonna make sure can kill enemies."

Tubbo jolted. He had forgotten to ask Ranboo and Michael. Guilt filled his gut, though it was quickly pushed away when he saw how happy Ranboo and Michael looked at that suggestion.

He was just going to ignore the latter part of that sentence, though.

"Alright, then it's settled," Tubbo smiled, gesturing to the dining table. "Now c'mon, Tommy, sit down with us for lunch. You look like you need it anyway."

Tommy scowled, and they exchanged silent, playful jabs at each other, since Tommy wasn't ready to become fully verbal yet. Tubbo made extra food for Tommy, and eventually, the household was filled with giddy laughter and affectionate teasing.

The bouquets were later placed in a vase together, and the flower crown never really left Michael's grasp.