[R] Dadboo (Ranboo-centric)

(A/N: request as a pic. uhh the requester has allowed me to make it with the ellisinnit au (because I just love my au so much ok??). if you don't know, the ellisinnit au is an au of my au. you can find it on my ao3 under the same username, in the Insouciant series. anyways ellis uses they/them pronouns. in this au of my au of my au, he platonically co-parents with tommy! platonically. please do not ship them. they're just best friends doing their best to parent a child. ok sorry for the long note and happy reading!)

"Y'know, Ranboo," Phil comments to him one day. "You've been disappearing a lot recently. I'm kind of curious, what have you been doing?"

"Oh, uh, I'm just working on a side project," Ranboo laughs easily, carrying a grass block in his hands, not mentioning the fact that the side project is so much more than just a 'project'. "Don't worry, I'm not going to like, betray you or anything. You guys mean too much to me for me to do that."

"Really? Aw, I'm touched," and Phil genuinely does look touched. "Can I help you out with your project? I know quite a few things about building myself."

"Oh, thanks, but I kinda want to do this myself," Ranboo responds, placing down the grass block randomly. "I mean, I kind of want to do this independently? Like, I want to do something by myself for once."

"Ah, well I wish you the best of luck mate!" Phil smiles, as they reach Techno's cottage. "Give either me or Techno a call if you need any help, yeah? We'll always love to help you."

"Sure, thanks Phil! Have a nice day!" Ranboo says to him, smiling and standing still until he sees Phil completely go into the house. When he does so, he breathes out a sigh of relief, and reaches into his pockets to make sure that the golden apple he has taken from Phil. He feels guilty for doing so, but he promised Ellis a gift of a golden apple for his birthday, since Ranboo didn't bring anything that time, and Ranboo's already run out of his own stack after using them all for a busted experiment.

Slowly, he starts teleporting, already knowing where he has to go. It's exhausting, having to teleport so many times in a row, but the destination will make it all worth it.

After a while, he eventually finds himself landing on sand. Stumbling a little, he looks up, and a small smile spreads across his face.

Tommy's house is just right ahead, with its oak and spruce top standing out against the lightness of the sand around, and the water lapping at the shore further back. From the distance, he can see a small figure from the window, that soon disappears before reappears as the door of the house opens.

"Raw-boo!" Ranboo smiles and speeds up his walk as he sees Ellis running towards him, a big smile on their face. He doesn't mind the nickname; it's grown on him, ever since Ellis first called him that when they were younger.

"Ale-Is!" Ranboo mimics his child's way to speaking his name, chuckling as he picks Ellis up, swinging them around as they giggle.

"Dad's been waiting for you!" Ellis chatters enthusiastically, pulling him along. "He made some apple pie! Did you get my birthday gift, Boo? It's okay if you didn't, Dad says that sometimes people are busy, and we shouldn't bother them for anything!"

"Oh, you bet I did, but do you want to see it now or later?"

Obviously, Ellis asks to see it now. So, Ranboo takes out the golden apple, smiling wider as Ellis gasps and clutches it to their chest, thanking him for the gift. He never really understands their love for gold, especially considering the fact that they are a blaze hybrid and not a piglin one, but he doesn't mind it.

They reach the house, and Ellis immediately calls out a, "I'm back, Dad!" as they head to the kitchen, Ranboo following behind.

"Hey, Tommy," Ranboo greets Tommy, who's hunched over a countertop, busy chopping something.

"Holy fu-fudge!" Tommy doesn't swear, not around Ellis at least, because despite how much he himself swears, he still doesn't want to hear Ellis swearing. "Jeez, Ranboo, you scared me!"

"Dad! Dad!" Ellis crows, showing the golden apple he gave them. "Look what Boo gave me! Isn't it pretty, Dad?"

Tommy looks at him, and realisation settles into his eyes. "That's amazing, Ellis! Now, your pie's on the countertop now, and Dad's going to go do something important now, alright?"

"Oh, you're leaving now?" Ranboo asks, surprised as Tommy brushes past him, grabbing a coat from the chair. Tommy shrugs, picking up his pick axe from a chest.

"Well, Ellis is perfectly fine with his 'Dadboo', isn't he?" Tommy asks slyly, snickering at the way Ranboo blushes. Ellis runs up to Tommy to hug him, just as Tommy's about to leave.

"Alright, Ellis, you go hang out with your Dadboo, alright?" Tommy leans down to plant a kiss on Ellis' forehead, ignoring Ranboo turning red at the nickname agian, or the giggles that Ellis keeps letting escape their lips. "I'll be back soon, goodbye."

"Bye, Dad!" Ellis waves goodbye, and as the door shuts, they turn to Ranboo. "I wanna do something!"

Ranboo smiles down at Ellis. "Well, what would you like to do now?"

"Play! We can play together, Dadboo!" Ellis cheers, and Ranboo lets himself to be pulled by them. It's going to be a nice few days.