[R] New Father (Sam & Tommy)

(A/N: IM BACK!! I DEFINITELY FAILED MY PIANO EXAM BUT THERES NO TIME FOR THAT HELLO!!
i like looking at all these requests and noting just how many have aged badly lmao anyways here have some sweet fluffy awesamdad :3
ps: don't be surprised if I take another long break for a renewal exam or whatever)

"Sam?" Tommy called out, walking into the older man's base. "You wanted to see me?"

Admittedly, he was a little curious to what Sam wanted to show him. For the past few weeks, they had been doing nothing but working on the hotel. Sam Nook was delightful to be around, and Tommy liked being able to put his hands to work instead of just wandering around and doing nothing.

Besides, he got a helper in the hotel too! Jack was still acting a little weird, but after he had a talk with Sam Nook, he seemed to help out around the hotel more. Tommy just knew that the Big Innit Hotel would be the best damn hotel in the server.

"In here!" he heard a muffled shout. Tommy smiled, walking into the workshop in Sam's base. He spotted him hunched over, staring at multiple pieces of paper.

'Probably some boring paperwork shit,' Tommy thought. Clearing his throat, he shouted out. "Sam, hey!"

"Hey, Tommy," Sam grinned, gesturing for him to move closer. "Glad you could come at such a short notice. I know you're always busy with the hotel nowadays."

"Nah, it's fine!" Tommy laughed easily. "Jack's been helping out much more lately! Whatever Sam Nook told him must've been really effective."

"Uh huh," something dark fell over Sam's eyes. Tommy's smile faltered as he wondered if he did something wrong. Sam's dark expression quickly disappeared, replaced by his usual smile and bright eyes.

Maybe he should ask Jack to come and meet Sam? They probably got off the wrong foot or something.

"What did you need me here for, big man?" Tommy quickly switched the topic. "Can't do paperwork without the big TommyInnit?"

"Oh, I just need you to sign a few papers," Sam stated casually, moving further away as Tommy scooted closer to glance at the papers. For some reason, he had a nervous expression on his face. "Read them properly first, though."

Tommy read them over. He blinked.

"...these are adoption papers." he realised.

"Correct," Sam nodded.

"I... why? Are you trying to give a child to me?" Tommy frowned in confusion. "Wait, is Sam Nook your kid? Are you giving me custody? What?"

Sam chuckled, one hand coming up to pat his head. Unconsciously, Tommy leaned into the touch. "No, Sam Nook is not my child. You will be, though."

"Oh, alright," Tommy nodded.

A beat.

"WAIT, WHA-!"

"Okay, before you freak out, let me explain," Sam laughed nervously at Tommy's suddenly wide eyes and mouth. "I've been seeing you around, we've spent quite some time with each other, and... well, I don't know how to- ah, fuck. Okay. Long story short, you don't have a good father figure, and I'd like to become one for you, if you'd allow me to. I- you're free to say no, it's fine, it's okay, I probably should've thought this through anyways, it's perfectly for you to say no-"

"You'd adopt me?" Tommy's voice was soft enough that Sam barely heard him, but he did.

"Yes, but only if you'd like to be," Sam responded.

"Really?"

"Of course! You're a good kid to be around, and frankly, I think you need a break from being the 'hero' or whatever," Sam told him gently. "If you would let me, I would be happy to take care of you."

For a moment, all was silent. Sam was about to take away the adoption papers still in Tommy's grip, until the other burst into tears, threw said papers away, and leapt forwards to cling onto Sam in a hug.

Tommy knew he was crying. Tears fell from his eyes, his face was scrunched up in an ugly way, and his hands were clutching at Sam's shirt way too tightly for it to be comfortable. Despite that, Sam didn't try to tell him to climb off of him, simply holding him tight.

"Yes, yes, yes," Tommy chanted over and over again, like the opportunity would disappear if he stopped agreeing. "I'd- I'd like that, please, I didn't- I never- I'd really like that, Sam."

"Oh," Sam paused. "Oh! Okay, that's great! I- I'm really glad you said yes. I'm glad you think that I'm good enough to... yeah."

He picked back up the papers as Tommy climbed off of him, and offered said papers to Tommy.

After he sighed the papers, Tommy quickly hugged Sam again, murmuring 'thank yous' under his breath as Sam rubbed his back soothingly, and patted his hair.

Was this what having a father felt like?

Tommy liked having a father like Sam.

"Wanna go get some food later?" Sam suggested, reluctantly parting from the hug. "I could make some candy for you."

Tommy beamed, bright and sunny in a way he hadn't done in a while. "Fuck yeah!"