[R] A Miscalculation (Purpled-centric)

(A/N: request as a pic. uhh hope the spin i put on the request works for the requester?)

"That was fun," Purpled announced, as he and his friends walked out from the Bedwars lobby.

It had been a pretty long time since he had been able to play Bedwars, or go into Hypixel and play any minigame in general. The recent events in the Dream SMP had been... distracting, to say in the least. And usually, when it came to other problems, Purpled would rant to his friends as they played games of Hypixel.

But the Dream SMP had each and every one of its inhabitants under a tight contract, and Purpled could only count himself lucky that he hadn't been chosen to play the role of a plot-important character, like TommyInnit. The poor guy, really.

He'd have to get a few extra diamonds and Netherite ingots for him the next time the Dream SMP underwent a dormant state. It was one of the few times that everyone could stop being forced to play their parts, so why not take that chance to do something?

As he joked around with Eighty, Walli and Astelic, while Hannah and Sammy chatted just nearby, his watch beeped. With a frown, he started to excuse himself.

"Already?" Walli raised an eyebrow. "Your injuries are still not healed."

Purpled sighed.

He wished he could stay longer, but he was needed at Las Nevadas, and he couldn't linger any longer. No matter how much he wanted to.

"I'll be fine," Purpled waved their concerns away. "It'll heal when I get into the server anyway."

"Just because we know that doesn't mean we won't get worried," Eighty huffed, bumping shoulders with him lightly. "Stay safe, alright?"

"Stop getting so busy with your server," Astelic teased lightly, but Purpled winced, even though she meant well. If only she knew...

"Of course," Purpled replied easily, grabbing out his teleporter and disappearing without Hannah; she would soon follow, anyway, and Purpled wasn't the type of person to need someone constantly by his side. Besides, she'd need a few more minutes to spend with her friends, before she'd be forced back to be working under the parasite that had semi-taken over her mind.

But when he stumbled into where he'd last disappeared off in the Dream SMP, he was starting to think that he'd made a big mistake.

For one, his injuries hadn't healed. No, instead, they'd only grown worse, to the point where he fell onto his knees, clutching his sides, swearing to the forest around him, devoid of people...

Devoid of people.

Fuck, was he going to bleed out here?

To make matters worse, a screen flickered before his eyes, letting him know that, should this 'death' go through, it would count as a canon death.

Purpled was not going to lose a canon life, alright? He'd worked too hard to die. Once one canon life was gone, it would only take a few well-timed accidents, or even just the Dream SMP's dark humour, for him to lose all of them. He was not going to become the next Wilbur Soot, alright?

But it quickly became clear that he didn't exactly have a choice. He didn't have any health potions on him, and his limbs were already feeling weak and numb.

Fuck. Punz was going to be so mad. Hannah, too.

"Purpled!" he heard Hannah scream — had she already returned from Hypixel? — but he didn't hear anything else after that, because he'd blacked out.

When he came to, it was to fingers carding through his hair, and screens flashing across his face, much like a glitch. A particularly bright one made him flinch and hiss, and he couldn't hear anything for that duration, even though he could feel as the fingers left his hair.

When he opened his eyes, he felt... lighter.

"Purpled!" Hannah exclaimed, and he lifted his head blearily to see Hannah with Astelic and Walli sitting next to her, while Sammy sat between her and him, and judging from the missing person, he could guess that he was laying on Eighty's lap.

Wait. What?

"What the fuck?" he questioned, though it came out slurred. He wasn't given any answers, though.

"Don't do that ever again," Sammy told him fiercely, pulling him in for a hug.

"I'm going to kill them," Eighty murmured, and it only made Purpled more confused.

"Give him some time to breathe, jeez," Walli huffed, though he reached forward to help him up to a sitting position. When Purpled sat up properly, he noticed he had bandages wrapped on his injuries. He glanced up, and he stared at the people who should not be in this server.

"How-?!"

"We hacked in," Walli explained. "Like, when Hannah contacted us, we kind of just... got in? Which took some hacking, but we did it quickly."

"We're gonna help you get rid of your contractor now," Eighty said. "Really, how did this even go unnoticed by the Developers for so long?"

"But... how could you guys stay?" Purpled questioned, asking the more important thing right now. "Shouldn't you have been... I don't know, kicked out or something?"

"It is strange," Hannah frowned, looking more worried than she'd been earlier.

Astelic, Walli, Eighty and Sammy glanced at each other.

"We can handle that later," Astelic decided. "Right now, I want to know who the hell placed such a heavy restriction over the server, and on you and Hannah."