[R] A Switcheroo Gone Wrong (Tommy & Tubbo)

(A/N: request as a pic. i guess it's a non-lore dsmp au??? where everything's good and well?? i have no idea how to fit this into the current roleplay sorry-)

Here was a fact that practically nobody knew: Tommy Innit and Tubbo Underscore were twins.

To be fair on Wilbur, it wasn't like they were found at the same time. Tommy had been found a week before Tubbo, and while their three year old selves immediately recognised each other, while they had looked very similar when they were younger, they had never actually told anyone about them being twins. And the one time Wilbur asked, Tommy had been high on anaesthesia, and murmured something that Wilbur took to mean as a negative, and that was that.

Even on the days when Phil and Techno would return from their travels, they never seemed to catch onto the fact that Tommy and Tubbo were twins. And as the years went on, the two had the splendid idea of switching places and being each other.

They had recently moved to a new server, and it was one of the rare days that Phil and Techno were sticking around — it even looked like they were going to stay permanently this time! — so why not try their plan out? Worst case scenario, they would be called out and everyone would have a few laughs. Best case scenario, nobody would notice and they would have a new prank idea,

Tommy and Tubbo managed to get blond and brown wigs, and they clumsily cut them until they somewhat resembled the other's hairstyle. Then, they exchanged clothing, practiced speaking like each other, and headed out.

One might think that a family made of the best warriors and strategists would be attentive enough to notice the difference. One might think that a server filled with some of the best of the best would notice that something was wrong after a while. One would be absolutely wrong on both accounts.

Now, six years into the act, Tommy and Tubbo could safely say that their act would go on for a long, long time.

Over the years, they'd gotten better at mimicking each other's voices, to the point that they could use it for little pranks across the server. Their wigs had to be maintained to match their hairstyles, and at this point, several of each other's clothing had ended up in the other's closet. They'd learned to apply makeup through countless failures and disasters, just to strengthen their act.

Usually, they switched for the fun of it or simply because they wanted to mess with people. Occasionally, though, something would come up that made either of them nervous, or didn't like to do but couldn't refuse, and because of that, whenever they could, they would switch and pretend to be each other for events like this.

It was on an occasion like this that everything went to shit.

Tommy and Tubbo had made their way back to Tommy's holiday shack after playing a small prank on Fundy, and they were now changing out of their clothes while talking delightedly and loudly. Today had been a better day than usual; really, nobody could blame them for being a little less cautious.

With their laughter and loud chatter, they didn't hear the door knocks until the door itself slammed open. The two of them whipped around, only to find themselves staring at Wilbur, Phil and Techno. Dream, George and Sapnap weren't at the doorway itself, but they had been passing by; they were definitely able to see them.

Despite the horror of the situation, Tommy couldn't stop the slightly hysterical laughter from bubbling out of his throat.

What a sight they probably made. Tommy clutched his wig on one hand, and was dressed in his jeans but with Tubbo's shirt. Tubbo, on the other hand, had his wig hanging from his ear, and Tommy's pants were still on him. In other words, their act was clearly evident.

Hell, Tommy could practically hear the gears turning in Wilbur's head.

Tommy glanced at Tubbo. Together, they both burst into laughter again, just as the yelling started.