[R] Painful Chants (Techno & Tommy)

(A/N: request as a pic. i wrote this in 20 minutes. it was fun.)

Techno knew him and Tommy weren't close. Despite being father and son, the two didn't really have much of a positive relationship with each other, so to speak. In fact, after what Techno had done to L'manburg, he was pretty sure Tommy truly loathed him.

Which was fine. He needed to teach him a lesson, and this way, less people would be convinced of their bond. It was all to protect his son. Not that Tommy would get it, since he still hated him.

So, it came as a surprise that when Techno went to visit Tommy in his exile grounds, Tommy immediately came barrelling into him, and started crying.

On pure parental instinct, Techno wrapped an arm around Tommy, and led him to a more comfortable place — his bed. All the while, Tommy kept mumbling phrases like, "Shut up!" or "Go away!"

Techno had a sinking feeling about what Tommy was facing. And so did his chat.

HES YOUR SON WHAT DID YOU EXPECT
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
murderrrr
GET THE CHILD OUT AND AWAY DREAM IS MNAIPULATINH HIM
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
E
ooh does tommy have voices too
Pog
like father like son awwww

"Hey, hey, hey," Techno did not know how to comfort people. Even so, he lowered both him and Tommy onto his bed, frowning at the bed's lack of softness. He let Tommy continue crying onto his shirt. "Calm down, it's okay. What happened? What's happening?"

"They won't shut up!" Tommy cried out, clutching his head. "They just- they just keep talking and talking and talking. And they're just saying 'End for the End God' and I don't- I don't even know why!"

Techno always knew that someday, Tommy would receive the voices, although both of them liked to pretend that the voices would never appear. He didn't expect Tommy's voices to be hurting Tommy so much, since his own were milder until he grew older.

Something was wrong. Something was very, very wrong. The only time his own voices ever got painful was when they changed 'blood for the blood god' or... when a witch placed an enchantment to make the voices louder and overbearing. It took a week for the effects to fade, and he had hated witches ever since.

Someone would pay.

"They won't sh- shut up," Tommy continued sobbing into his shirt, as Techno rubbed circles on his back soothingly. "They- they're just th-there! And every- and every time I tried to make them stop they didn't! I even tried- even tried to tell Dream, but he only hit my head and- and he made them worse! They just wo- they won't stop! Dad, make them stop!"

The chat was still calling for blood, but this time, it was directed at Tommy's unruly voices, and Dream. Techno tuned them out, and instead, focused on comforting his son.

"It's alright," he said. "Just focus on my voice, alright? I'll continue talking until you tell me to stop. Would you like to hear a story? I can tell you a story. Just don't listen to them and focus on my voice. I'm talking right now, and you have to listen, okay?"

Techno kept on rambling, not stopping even when his throat started feeling dry. He rambled about Greek myths, about old childhood memories, about whatever he could think of. He might've repeated a thing or two. He only stopped when Tommy gripped his arm and told him he was feeling better.

"Is it going to always be like this?" Tommy asked him sleepily, when Techno had tucked him into his frankly uncomfortable bed. "Are they always...?"

Techno sighed. "Sometimes. They're usually more well-behaved, especially during the first few weeks."

"Oh. Am I broken, then?"

"Of course not," Techno replied automatically, brushing Tommy's hair back. "You're not broken. You're you, Toms. It's okay. I've got you now."

Besides, Techno had a feeling just who was to blame for the chaotic voices.

After Tommy had nodded off, Techno texted Phil to let him know about Tommy's problem, and told him to keep an eye on him. Then, he made sure everything was in place, before starting to walk away from Tommy's exile grounds — not that his son would be staying there for much longer.

With a deep breath, he allowed himself to listen to the chat, to let their chants fill his mind. He gripped his axe, and stalked off, intent on finding and killing a certain green man.

Blood for the blood god.