[R] Young Golden Boy (Dream & Techno & Tommy)

(A/N: request as a pic. haha technodad go brrrr amiright??
tw for semi-graphic description of violence & dream being a manipulative bastard in general)

Dream has made many mistakes in his life. His former biggest is letting Tommy live, the annoying brat being a constant thorn in his side even as he's slowly falling for Dream's schemes.

His current biggest? Not recognising the resemblance between Technoblade and Tommy.

A part of him knew, somewhat.

He has spotted Tommy finding a particular attachment to shining things — and had taken eager glee in blowing whatever shiny things he can see up, with Tommy's crestfallen expression being a shot of delight through his veins. The tusks growing on his face a few days after that had been a pretty good clue, too.

Dream had originally drawn up the conclusion that Tommy is a piglin hybrid, and found sick delight at the thought of Tommy being alone now, since Technoblade had blown up L'manburg, and is most definitely not on good terms with Tommy.

"You're a piglin hybrid, aren't you?" Dream starts the conversation casually one day. Tommy freezes, turning around, and the little tusks on his face would be adorable if it was on anybody else's face.

"Don't-" Tommy starts, fear laced in his voice, and Dream only laughs, ruffling the other's hair.

"Relax, if you behave yourself I won't tell anyone," Dream grins behind his mask. "We're friends, after all."

He makes his voice quieter, a little sadder, as he continues, "I just wish you told me. We're friends, and friends are supposed to trust each other, right?"

He ignores Tommy's shaking as the boy quietly replies, "Yes, Dream."

It just means his plans are proceeding as they should, after all.

After that, he plays around with Tommy; it's really fun to find all the ways he can break, after all. He blows up his things again; only this time, he isn't expecting the other to throw himself with the things, and nearly kill himself.

"What were you thinking," Dream snaps, pushing him out, looming over him, grinning behind his mask at the terrified expression the other wears. "You should've known better, Tommy. What do you have to say for yourself?"

For a moment, it looks like Tommy's going to apologise, and Dream waits for it. Anticipates it, even.

And then, Tommy screams for Technoblade, shouts the Blood God's name with a desperation that almost makes Dream laugh.

"Who are you calling for?" he mocks. "Don't you remember what he's done to you? He's not your friend anymore, Tommy. I am."

Tommy, however, ignores him, only screaming louder. Dream is riled up by then, and he has half a mind to just kill him and blame it on Tommy, somehow, when a figure bursts out of the forestry.

It's Technoblade. He glances at Tommy's state, surprisingly hands him a golden apple as he snarls, and turns his attention onto Dream.

"What the fuck." Dream only has a moment of surprise to wrap his mind around the fact that Technoblade has just sworn, before he's being shoved to the floor with a hulking and snarling piglin above him.

"You," the Blood God snarls, low and deep and filled with rage. "I will end you."

Dream thinks, 'What the hell?' before promptly grunting as an axe shoves itself into his body. Technoblade is attacking him, but for what?

'For Tommy,' his mind whispers, and he growls.

With a snarl, Dream tries to kick him off, tries to move and get away, but Technoblade blocks his enderpearl throw with a shield, and slams his axe into his body, again and again.

Dream wants to cry out, to ask him why he's attacking him, but all the noises he can make are grunts and pained noises as he continuously gets attacked, without a chance to defend himself. Eventually, no matter what he does, his health gets dangerously low, and Dream resigns himself to dying.

"Maybe you'll think twice before hurting my son ever again," Technoblade says darkly, and Dream has only seconds to realise, in disbelief, that Tommy is Technoblade's son, apparently, before the axe slams into his body one more time, and Dream chokes on blood as his body falls onto the floor, bleeding out. He sees Technoblade moving away through blurry eyes.

"It's okay, little one," Dream hears Technoblade say in a tone so tender it surprises him, even as he lays bleeding out and dying. "Appa's got you now."

'Well,' Dream thinks, closing his eyes and bracing for the inevitable pain that comes with respawning, idly listening to Technoblade's attempts at soothing Tommy. 'I'll have to rethink a few plans.'