[R] I'm Your Dad, Boogie Woogie Woogie (Tommy & Dream)

(A/N: request as a pic. took a slightly different turn at the end but I hope it's still well! also sorry I couldn't fit everything in ;x;)

Silence. Pin-drop silence.

"What, cat got your tongue?" the dreamon, still bound by enchanted ropes, cackled. Near him, Dream — the real Dream, not the one possessed by the dreamon — groaned, but made no move to awaken. Not that any of them wanted him to wake up now, not after such a surprising reveal and the injuries on his body from fighting and releasing the dreamon. "I tell no lies now, after these ropes. You really are like your father — stubborn, but oh so useful."

"You fuck- Phil, is this true?" Tommy turned to Phil, only to feel his heart sink when he saw Phil having a concerned expression.

"I- I had found you under a tree," Phil started slowly. "I didn't know who your original parents were, but..."

"So there's a chance that he might not be Tommy's father?" Tubbo jumped in, and Tommy felt himself nodding along. "I mean, maybe it's only telling what it thinks is the truth."

"Oh, this is why I liked you silly mortals so much," the dreamon decided to speak up again, and not even Fundy's harsh slap to its floating eye stopped it from continuing. "You all are always so eager to jump on anything that would make you feel better."

The dreamon was then knocked out by an irate Sapnap, but not even the loss of the dreamon's voice was enough to make Tommy feel better. How could he feel better after the revelation that one of the most fundamental facts that he'd supposedly known for all his life was false?

"Tommy, are you okay?" Tubbo touched his shoulder, and Tommy couldn't help the involuntary flinch that ran through his body.

"I don't- I think so," he breathed out shakily, trying to ignore everyone's looks on him. "I mean, it could be lying. We don't know for sure."

"It's not lying."

Once again, everyone went silent. They all turned to Dream, who had woken up, and was now being supported by Bad and George. Despite the amount of injuries he had, he was still lucid and unharmed enough to speak properly.

"It's not-" Dream cut himself off with a loud and harsh cough, and gratefully accepted the water Puffy gave him, before continuing. "It's not a lie. I remember having you pretty damn well. You're my son, Tommy."

There were a lot of other things that happened after, but Tommy could only stand in the same spot, mind repeating the same phrase again and again.

You're my son, Tommy.

All his life, he thought that Phil was his true father. Sure, there were times that he suspected something was wrong, but he usually just shrugged the thoughts off, because they looked alike enough that they could be biologically related.

And then this whole thing happened. And then, as Tommy started to look at Dream closer, he realised that the two looked more alike than he first thought. It should be a happy thing, to finally know who his real father was, so why was he so scared?

"Tommy?" he heard Phil call his name. "Do you... Dream wants to talk to you. If you want to."

When Tommy looked, he saw Dream staring at him. He felt rooted to the place, numb and unknowing what to do.

Tommy felt conflicted, hesitating to approach Dream. He now knew that it was all the dreamon's fault for making Dream — his biological father, apparently — do all the fucked up shit he did, but they shared the same mask-face, and his time during exile still weighed heavily in his mind.

In the end, though, he mustered up enough confidence to approach Dream, who was still laying on the ground.

"You, uh, you good there?" way to already mess up your technically first interaction, Tommy.

Dream let out a small chuckle, before winding when it made his chest hurt. "I'll be fine."

"That was," Tommy fumbled for words. "That was unexpected. I didn't- I never thought that it- that you would..."

"It's fine," Dream interrupted him, shifting his position until he was sitting up. He reached for him, and Tommy flinched, trying to get as comfortable as he could in their sort-of embrace as possible. Dream immediately moved a little further away.

"Sorry," Tommy apologised, not quite sure what he was apologising for.

"I'm not expecting you to just grow comfortable around me, especially what that bastard did with my face," Dream scowled at the mention of the dreamon, but his expression softened when he noticed Tommy's flinch. "But I hope that you'll at least give me a chance to make things right. What you faced wasn't fair or good, and I want to make sure you get the life you deserved."

And despite how he shouldn't be the one to do so, he started tearing up. He paid no attention to the fact that the others were all taking their leave. He just sobbed into Dream's shoulder, because he wasn't expecting all of this. He wasn't expecting to have such a change on his worldview when he screamed those words at who he had thought to be the real Dream. He wasn't expecting everything that had happened to, well, happen. But they did, and now he was just so tired of everything. It wasn't even fair for him to cry, because technically, Dream was the one who faced so many shitty things for such a long time.

"It's alright," he heard Dream murmur into his hair. "I'll take care of you. Just let it all out, I've got you now. Dad's got you now, son."

And unable to resist the temptation of sleep, Tommy drifted off, clutched in the embrace of his father.