Fifty-six

Yiseul

I parked my car in the parking lot and I stopped my engine making sure that everything is done correctly and I took out my seatbelt, turning my head towards Lee Wonho who told me that he has something that he wants to talk to me about but he wants to do that after we have arrived at the restaurant.

"Now I can tell you the reason why I want to see you, my stepbrother is getting out of prison in 3 weeks." He said to me and my jaw dropped and my mind went to the black hole for a while because I literally couldn't process the fact that Son Hyunwoo is about to get released from prison, it has been 3 years and he is going to get out soon.

"Are you serious? He is getting out early? How can he get out early when he has committed such a huge crime?" I then proceed to spend a whole minute just using up all the curse words that I know and cursing the hell out of Son Hyunwoo who is now better known as Lee Wonho's stepbrother.

It seemed like yesterday that he got arrested for his crimes and he went to prison, the court gave him 5 years worth of time for him to be in jail and I expected him to spend the entire 5 years in jail before he could get out but he didn't, he got 2 years off his sentence and he is getting out of there very soon. And I don't want him to get out of there, he deserved to stay in there for the rest of his life and he doesn't deserve to get out there early.

My highschool life was almost ruined because of him and I nearly died because of him as well, he had his men whack the hell out of me and I was covered in blood, I owed my life to Lee Wonho who was there at the time and he sent me to the hospital. If not for him, I would be dead a very long time ago and I wouldn't be able to graduate high school either.

And now that Son Hyunwoo is about to get released and I don't know what I would exactly do when I see him, especially when he is Lee Wonho's stepbrother which meant that I would get to see him often doesn't make the situation better at all. I wished that he was just some random stranger and I don't have to see him the whole time, at least I wouldn't get mad every time I see him out on the streets.

But no, he is Lee Wonho's stepbrother and Lee Wonho is friends with me and Yoo Kihyun who is my cousin who probably would have the same reaction as me when he finds out that Son Hyunwoo is getting out of prison early. "Yiseul? Yoo Yiseul? Why aren't you saying a single thing?" Lee Wonho said to me and I glared at him,  how dare he ask me that when he was the one who dropped the bomb on me without giving me a warning.

Well, he technically gave me a warning but it wasn't what I had expected... I let out a huge sigh of relief and got out of my car, I don't have an idea how to exactly not get angry at this and I am not going to talk to Lee Wonho for now because I don't want to get angry at him. He doesn't deserve to get mad at, he is just happy for his stepbrother who is about to join back into the society soon.

We entered the restaurant and there was no one else other than the two of us, the restaurant is closed right now but it is especially open because the both are here and the owner of the restaurant is our friend and so he has the right to decide if he would want to call his friends over for dinner when his restaurant is closed for the day.

Yoo Kihyun also followed his dream like me and Wonho and he became a chef and opened a restaurant as soon as he graduated from culinary school and he used the money that my aunt Yeongae gave it to him on his birthday, my aunt is a very rich woman who makes most of her money through investments and he does all of that without a man by her side.

He opened the restaurant about a year ago and it instantly became so popular, some say that the food there is delicious while the ladies who frequent the restaurant complimented on his good looks. The only reason why Lee Wonho and I would go there every single time is that we don't need to pay for our food since it is our friend who is cooking for us and I managed to save a lot of money over the past year, it is sometimes about the food but most of the time it is because I get to eat for free.

"Yoo Kihyun, cook us some food!" I yelled as soon as I got into the kitchen. "Do you have a new dish that you just created?"

"Don't order him around like he is your servant, he is our dear friend for goodness sake!" Lee Wonho yelled at me and then turned towards Kihyun. "Will there be dessert? I just returned from my music video shoot and I need all of that sugar to feel energized again."

"Take a look in the dessert fridge and take what you want to eat, don't empty the whole fridge or I will kill you." He gave him a warning and I gulped down my saliva, he doesn't seem to be that happy. Could it be that he found out already?

I followed Wonho to the fridge where he grabbed his favourite ice cream and he gave me that while grabbing another one for himself. "Have you told him about your stepbrother already?" I asked him.

He nodded his head. "I did, minutes before I told you that and I texted him  about that and he didn't reply."

"You are so going to die, he is whipping up a huge feast for you and he will kill you off right after this," I said to him and we heard a chopper being stabbed into the cutting board.